• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

a bunch of quick reviews

mrud

SBH Member
nikki

sunday lunch
what a show! i guess i've only been when it was quiet there, because this is definitely not reserved. basically a champagne drinking contest.
we were there for over five hours and enjoyed the food immensely, as we did the service. the food is unnecessarily good for such a place.

wednesday dinner
we returned for dinner as my small crew wanted to see the caberet show. food still great, but show quite silly. from the amazing calamari dish to sexy salad, and some wonderful fish and pasta, this place just seems to make food better than it needs to for attracting its crowd.

la plage
nice fish. nice crudo type app. not as good as nikki, at least this year.

andy's
i just love this place and usually end up here 3x in a week. this time we sat once for dinner and took out the night after the nikki marathon. only the most consummate host could walk up so warmly and say welcome back after 7 years have gone by since my last visit.

l'isoletta
funky little store front pizzeria. you walk in and order at a counter, then proceed to hopefully find some space at low tables. great pizza, and very nice staff. good for a quick hit.

l'isola
upscale italiano. beautiful room and warm service. food was good to great with some dishes being oversalted. my friend's baby crab pasta was ethereal. great older wines barolo, etc if that's your thing. pricey of course.

Li'Isola --your post made me recall a Gaja Barbaresco that I procured last trip. Heavenly.

We hit L'Isoletta twice. Absolutely love it! Would go back but the drive back to town from Christopher is unlikely

PIRATE40 said:
Gaja!...You have great taste John....

Great taste indeed...I had the good fortune of attending a wine tasting with Angelo at Windows on the World...yes that was obviously a few years back but remember it like it was yesterday...