Aspen

Linda if you are skiing at highlands make a reservation for lunch at Cloud 9 it's actually my favorite place in Aspen for lunch it's at the top of Cloud 9 lift.

Mike----hoping for snow for you, and continued warm weather here south of the Mason-Dixon. I hope it gets better for you.

Wow--Aspen is gorgeous...maybe I need to add it to the list :crazy:

thanks....still raining as I write this.....

Aspen is beautiful - but they all are out there...Vail..Steamboat...Breck....the Beav

I know.... Aspen is the only one on that list I haven't been to. Breckinridge is my favorite. Love it--- been way too long!

katva said:
Breckinridge is my favorite. Love it--- been way too long!

absolutely....and being a teacher/administrator/coach at the high school in Breckinridge...I had to pinch myself every day....LOL

I bet!!! The last time I was there was August 04 (!!!) I brought Andrew out and we stayed with my brother in Denver. We did an overnight at Breckenridge, had fun on the slide that goes down the hill under the lifts. And a giant trapeze thing. Fun with the family! The time before that was with my sister in 2000, climbing a 14er just outside of town---- training for Kili. And then all the times skiing there with her and my brothers. Really special memories there!!!!

I was there from 00 to 08..I think 04 was the year Martin S and Roy and Dee came out and spent a week....Lena was born there in 03....
magical place indeed

you probably hiked Quandry if it was a 14er close to town

Yeah!! It was a good hike--- weather turned sour --- was in June--- a blizzard kicked up and we had to turn back--- went all the way up the next day. What a beautiful place!

Woohoo......just got reservations for Dec. 22nd, to try out the new resto at the Little Nell : Element 47. Guess it just opened last week or so......menu looks awesome!

1355445495-image.jpg
There is always this for those who make it to the top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 736
yes..everything is different...its a whole different method of cooking....water comes to a boil at a lower temp and bubbly stuff goes flat fast

if you drink faster at 8000 feet you will get to an interesting buzz rather quickly.....

and where we were at 11,000 feet gets even more interesting....

everyone is a cheap date....LOL