Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Chat n Chew is aimed at NYU and other broke students....cheap and quick, kinda like a low rent diner.

Better? Cafe Loup, on 13th just west of 6th ave.
Neighborhood place, not pricey but good food. Onion soup is great

Here's a nice spot...Robert.....2 columbus Circle, 9th floor

Robert would be a great spot to watch the parade if you can get in....9th floor on Columbus Circle....not too pricey, IMO

gramchop said:
StBartFan2 said:
Unless it has moved, I think Fred may have had a typo...it is 77th and 81st streets, right off of Central Park West.

You are correct! Already on my agenda Wednesday evening (thank you, Amy!!)

my bad...just look for the Museum...the balloons are easy to spot...LOL

NYCFred said:
Chat n Chew is aimed at NYU and other broke students....cheap and quick, kinda like a low rent diner.

Robert would be a great spot to watch the parade if you can get in....9th floor on Columbus Circle....not too pricey, IMO

Chat 'n Chew is my all-time favorite low-end diner in all of America. The mac 'n cheese is to die for, they serve Thanksgiving dinner all year round and the cherry pie is made with drugs....it has to be because I CRAVE it sometimes!! I NEVER miss Chat 'n Chew when I'm in town!!

Your suggestion of Robert sounds delightful. Unfortunately, no room at the Inn for Turkey Day. I did, however score a table for Wednesday evening! Nice spot for sunset it appears! Thanks for the tip, Freddie!

Interesting bar too - don't ask for the popular call brands as the owner favors local and not so local micro distilleries.

gramchop said:
JEK said:

Sweet and sour chicken livers! Cheddar grits. Bacon-wrapped winter squash stuffed dates! Red Cat, here I come! That may be a Saturday lunch stop. Thanks, Pops!

Thank you for the Red Cat reminder. I have been planning to reserve there for the past month...just keep on forgeting. Now I will get to have those grits you mentioned at Dinner on December 2nd.

gramchop said:
NYCFred said:

Chat 'n Chew is my all-time favorite low-end diner in all of America. The mac 'n cheese is to die for, they serve Thanksgiving dinner all year round and the cherry pie is made with drugs....it has to be because I CRAVE it sometimes!! I NEVER miss Chat 'n Chew when I'm in town!!

Your suggestion of Robert sounds delightful. Unfortunately, no room at the Inn for Turkey Day. I did, however score a table for Wednesday evening! Nice spot for sunset it appears! Thanks for the tip, Freddie!

Be sure to request a window seat at Robert. All the tables are good, window is great.

StBartFan2 said:
gramchop said:
NYCFred said:

Be sure to request a window seat at Robert. All the tables are good, window is great.

I booked online but I called to beg for a window seat. She said there were no guarantees but my plea will be taken into account! There is also live "lite" music, too.

I'm at the gate just waiting my turn. Can't wait to get there and feel the City's energy again. There's nothing quite like it!

Why thank you for this lovely present, Fred. I totally stopped everything and just enjoyed.

True story..
I used to be a salesperson-on the road. I had one customer who always gave me a hard time and nickel and dimed me to death. The orders were good, but she begrudged me every penny!

I told Phil I HAVE A DREAM! I wanted to pull up to her store in a limo, and THEN have a BAND of Herald Trumpets and Horns playing NEW YORK NEW YORK as I walked in with my samples and order pad.

A good dream, no?