• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

New Winair Baggage policy

We booked US Airways/Winair all the way through to SBH with Orbitz. I just checked in (and "checked" 2 bags all the way through), and printed ALL boarding passes----including the Winair ones! EASY! :)

No--not cheaper---just easier. On the USAir site, I wasn't able to book all the way through to SBH. Orbitz let me do it, though.....Don't understand why, but that was the case! I like Orbitz---I find it super easy to use.

Andynap said:
tim said:
You have to do all carryon or check your bags through to SBH in order to use the Transfer Desk.

Tim- I assume this applies only to Winair and not SBC??

That's correct. I don't use SBC frequently enough to write about their procedures.

tim said:
Andynap said:
tim said:
You have to do all carryon or check your bags through to SBH in order to use the Transfer Desk.

Tim- I assume this applies only to Winair and not SBC??

That's correct. I don't use SBC frequently enough to write about their procedures.

As far as I know, if you are flying to SBH from SXM using SB Commuter and you have checked baggage, you should stop at the transfer desk, get your boarding pass from Commuter, then you need to go through immigration, collect your bags and re-check then with Commuter inside the arrival hall. Do not go out into the main airport once you have your bags. Once you have rechecked them, you take an elevator upstairs to the main passport control and security area... also please be sure to save your original boarding pass from your flight to SXM.. Commuter will ask you for it...

Converted from PDF to JPG. Click on the + sign to get a late copy
1352307169-show.gif

1352307107-sxm.jpg

Attachments

• sxm.jpg
    sxm.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 59
  • show.gif
    show.gif
    76 bytes · Views: 58
We always check bags and travel on SBC. Go through immigration, get your bag, go to window in the baggage area, go around the corner to the elevator and go back up and through security. Then run barefoot to the gate as they call your names.

Eve aka coco2626 said:
We always check bags and travel on SBC. Go through immigration, get your bag, go to window in the baggage area, go around the corner to the elevator and go back up and through security. Then run barefoot to the gate as they call your names.

First go to Transfer Desk and get your boarding pass.

Ok then, maybe sb commuter is different than Winair; like I said, I usually do that( transfer desk , ticket and security right there)...... But like I said , now had to go downstairs , give nag and get ticket, take elevator up , and go through that big security line.
Well see how others do.....

I understand completely and Winair's website states what you said. SBC is the same as it always was and what Winair used to be.

Michael, as somebody who does not do this often, I was a bit confused by 1(b).

Is the elevator referenced in 1(b) marked #5, or is there a different one? When you leave 1(b), which way do you go?