Whispering Angel on the OBX

katva

Senior Insider
...spending a week in Avon, NC, and just went on a search for our favorite Rose. The proprietress of the first wine shop I went into said that I was the second person to come in looking for it, and a third had just called this morning about it! Jim, Terri----was that you, a few weeks ago, on the hunt? The lady at Island Spice and Wine is now looking in earnest to get some....so far, no luck from her distributers. Maybe by next summer!

Yes, thanks Jeff! A little too late at this point to order it for this trip! I did get a bottle of Domane Houchart, a Cotes de Provence rose...not bad, but not as good as WA.

I know ......I forgot my book too! I was at a family reunion in the VA mountains all of the week prior, home for a day, then back in the car to come here. Frazzled is the word! :crazy:

Mike R said:
katva said:
LOL! I actually had one! Forgot to add these items (and flashlights) :)

the defense rests.............

You have no defense. It wasn't on the list. In order to have a list you have to put things on the list- like the plug for the charger.

a list is only as good as the author of the list's ability to remember what to put on the list in the first place.... :p

Mike R said:
a list is only as good as the author of the list's ability to remember what to put on the list in the first place.... :p
:p }:|

Hey---I had all SORTS of stuff on my list! Wine and books took last place. My Costco list was made, implemented, and put into boxes, and then a list of where the heck in the house I had put those boxes was made! The list I had for the week prior included totally different criteria...like electric fans and books...and wine...oh, well, never mind :blush:

OK, so just to prove that I actually do have a list, and am sticking to it...and also to explain why I am NOT posting in the "What are you eating" thread LOL:
Here's the list I made for dinners...remember, I'm with a 14 and 21 year old. These are NOT my dinners, for the most part!
1345083591-list.jpg

Attachments

• list.jpg
    list.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 74
I have a list. It's 2 items long. Anything that I remember to pack beyond that is a bonus.

1) Travel docs
2) Credit cards

This is the first time I've ever made a list(s). Fail. Forgot my swimsuit at the family reunion....wasn't on the list.

going back to your way, Kevin!

my wife does a grocery list, goes to the grocery store, and forgets a bunch of things....I go in the grocery store with no list..and just wing it..and never forget a thing.....and if you dont believe me..ask her....go ahead... :D

lists are overrated

Agree! The only reason I made these lists was that I had only 1 day between 2 week-long trips, which are totally different in nature. And, the one day I had, was a work day...in DC. Frazzled is (was) the word. I need a vacation! :crazy: