Newport Bucket .....

MIke R

Senior Insider
there are lots of comp tickets floating around the marina here to go on the observation boats...PT me if you have any interest in these...I dont want them...

There's just two days of racing at the Newport Bucket unlike the St-Barth Bucket which has three days of racing. The sailing begins on Saturday the 25th at noon.

If the Bucket races are anything like the former America's Cup races, they can only be viewed from a following boat. Also, security will probably prevent the close access to the racers that one enjoys in St. Barth.

I hope someone will give us a live report.

tim said:
If the Bucket races are anything like the former America's Cup races, they can only be viewed from a following boat. Also, security will probably prevent the close access to the racers that one enjoys in St. Barth.

I hope someone will give us a live report.

From the Newport Bucket 2010 photos (the 2011 regatta was cancelled), it appears you can get a good view of the sailing action from the Newport coastline.

I'll try to post a report at some point over the weekend.

The coastline is SO gorgeous! Here's a pic from the Cliff Walk we did (don't miss it!)
1345599612-cliffwalk__Newport.jpg

Attachments

• cliffwalk__Newport.jpg
    cliffwalk__Newport.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, Kathy. I've been to Newport on family vacations and we walked the paved part of the Cliff Walk - it was really gorgeous. We are going to have Sunday brunch at a waterfront restaurant along the coast so we can walk the sailing. I can't wait!