Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Southwest Florida Coast

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2003 New Hampshire Posts: 6,928
    Ron/Kathie - will do! We have arrived on Sanibel and so far so good! Flight on Southwest always a pleasure...no glitches. We arrived in Ft. Myers and headed to our hotel-in our room by 1:30. Small, which we love, on the beach, another plus. A little dated but not bad. It's pretty quiet even for Labor Day and we are thrilled!! We were exhausted when we arrived...only a few hours sleep so took our time this AM and headed to the beach and spent the entire day there. Not spending much time on line - usually don't post anything but hubby insisted on taking this laptop so, of course, I had to check here. I may show up on the Florida forum occasionally while here Other than that, I will be out of the loop until after the 9th.
    Emma Peel: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me?
    John Steed: Until now, I didn't know there were women like you.

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2005 Sarasota, Florida Posts: 1,776
    Sanibel has, not unlike SBH, a certain "energy" that seems to haunt you when you leave it.....probably the spirits of the Calusa Indians that made it their home hundreds of years ago.....many of the small islands around Sanibel in Pine Island Sound are really "shell mounds" where they disposed of the mollusk's shells that they ate. Some are burial grounds also....I have explored many of them long ago and can still feel the "spirit" from them...Sanibel was my first stop when I ran away from the midwest and I parked it there for 15 years..Best therapy ever!
    "Yes I am a Pirate"