• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Most romantic & private sunset location??

TiffandTeej

SBH Member
As some of you know, I am spending my honeymoon on St. Barths in October and would like to hear some suggestions from you veterans as to where I should bring my new wife for a picnic style, romantic sunset.

While in here, if you can recommend anything that you feel is extraordinarily romantic it would be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to sunsets from our Villa, but I would like to surprise her with some other options during our week stay.

Thank you!

A lot of people mention the Lighthouse for sunsets and Shell Beach has a nice one too- both can be private at that time. Not private is the Hotel Carl Gustaf but the sunsets are great over the harbor.

Surprisingly, the Carl Gustaf has had fewer sunset watchers than Shell Beach. Shell Beach, as the sun goes down, is very popular with the young locals.

I would also recommend Public, too.

Yes by October the sunset should be visible from The Carl Gustof. This time of year it is great to watch from the IDF hotel.

Hard to picnic there. I think they frown on bringing food into the lounge. I think the lighthouse (phare) is an excellent choice for al fresco dining.

Darn I was planning on taking my own wine and cheese there tonight to listen to her sing. Oh well guess I will go to the fashion show.

My favorite place for romantic, private sunset, is in Gustavia. I believe it is called Fort Carl. It is near the hospital. Amazing, wide angle views of multiple islands.

JEK said:
But it is important to read and respond to the poster's request. Picnic. Bride.

Yes. And it's actually a tough question when our poster is asking for a spot that's private.

Maybe rent Villa Chloe?

My sunset-viewing recommendation -- ALERT to controversy -- is to sit at an outside (on the sand) table at Maya's, with a bottle of champagne and some hors d'oeuvre. Go wherever you like for dinner . . . no need to stay there. But, it's a great sunset view and an iconic venue for many.

No Dennis- you don't understand. According to JEK's rules it has to be a picnic- no restaurant or hotel involved.

Andy,

No rules, just trying to to be responsive to what I sensed was a sincere query.

As some of you know, I am spending my honeymoon on St. Barths in October and would like to hear some suggestions from you veterans as to where I should bring my new wife for a picnic style, romantic sunset.

While in here, if you can recommend anything that you feel is extraordinarily romantic it would be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to sunsets from our Villa, but I would like to surprise her with some other options during our week stay.

Thank you!

Villa Guests, an October honeymoon couple told me their most romantic evening (picnic/wine--long swim afterward under the stars) here: sunset plage on Colombier...only steps in the sand belonged to them.
2942232125_05f6fdb632.jpg

Hard to disagree---said it was a good Sancere in those polycarbonate glasses we keep for just such occasions.
7549785940_935ba52692.jpg

from their trip report
https://www.sbhonline.com/fusion/showtopic.php?tid/14957/