• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Recent stays at Villa Do Dragan or VDD

snorkellover

Any recent stays at Villa Do Dragan oceanfront on Flamands? Recommendations? How private is it? Proximity to Isle De France? Does it lack amenities? All feedback is welcome. Thanks :).

We have stayed there twice, most recently this past March. It is right on Flamands, very comfortable, and well equipped. You can easily walk down the beach to IDF and Taiwana, which has emerged just recently as another great spot for lunch or dinner.

We highly recommend this villa. You can PM me for more info and pictures.

Phil

I am shooting for a November trip south.... But may need 2 bedrooms........ I hear there may be some crazies down there too.......

We stayed at VDD last October/November. Rented the villa through Wimco at the advise of Amyb on this forum and others.

This was our first trip to the island so keep in mind that I had nothing to compare it to.

We absolutely loved the villa. It was on the beach (which was something I didn't think I would like) but still had some privacy.

I would say that the vegetation has grown quite a lot since the pictures were taken on the Wimco site. I am 6'-4" and I could barely see over the top of the plants that were there. One thing to note is that there is a villa right next door. Nobody was there when we were (because I think the villa rents for 2x the rate of VDD). There is a high wall between the two villas but I am not sure how private it would be if that villa were occupied. That being said.... privacy was not an issue for us.

In terms of amenities, we are pretty simple people so the villa had everything we needed. We hired a private chef for a night and he didn't seem to have any problems with the villa equipment.

Any problems we have were resolved withing 24 hrs. On day the pool lights went out and it was fixed the next day.

The only thing that was a little odd was the entrance..... you have to drive through somebody's back yard to get to it... but that wasn't a problem.

Looking back, I would definitely rent the villa again.

I forgot to add. The living room furniture was really uncomfortable. Being 6'-4" I couldn't lay down on the sofa.

Oh, and they had one nice looking villa kitty and a mangy looking villa kitty. I felt bad for the mangy looking kitty.