• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Big Girls (sisters) do St Barth

juliemarie

I was the backup for this trip since my big sister had planned these dates well in advance. But hey, lucky for me, sometimes planets do line up, both of us became unattached and Heidi invited me to St Barts for our first real vacation together since Disneyworld, age 10.
Mr McGrew "stbartslover", a longtime friend of our family was close to our late Mother. He arranged our island flights, accomodation, car and even a gorgeous meal at one of his favorite restaurants, too.
My sister, an rising executive with her third job promotion since the University of Michigan, paid my way (I'm still working/finishing undergrad part-time) and we were on our way to one of the most beautiful places on Earth, in search of good times and perhaps a stray Prince or two.
She is a SB veteran (her third), a snap from her first one with fellow HS cheerleader Meg on the Flamands Blue lower terrace back in '02.
7197569764_6f484b812a_o.jpg

I had no idea what to expect, my sister promised me I would be blown away by St Barts (she doesn't know everything) but this time she was exactly right.
Spent the night before at Heidi's Chicago apt, we did not sleep at all---adding & subtracting final packing with just the right outfits before our 3am cab to O'Hare---everything smooth...including our St. Barth Commuter flight!
7251778606_efbe7d4c96_z.jpg

SO excited, as I certain everyone is about this stage.
7251779844_f12a0585be_z.jpg

Sunset Hotel: we'd planned the ferry and walking over until SBC seats opened---OK for a night since our next place was full.
7251781558_c155f20e7a_z.jpg

That night walked over in the hard rain to Le VietNam, which was wonderful!
Owner's wife is the hostess and he's the chef, afterward we had free Saki and made it back to our room by foot, which was good.
7277111230_aa870bb8ea_z.jpg

First morning: we did the bakery in town (she's usually up before me and would return fresh croissants the rest of the trip), then Heidi took me sightseeing.
7277041800_a05aaed262_z.jpg

Big sister loved showing the island all week---and I loved it, too!
7303068844_f6ed4fdb7a_z.jpg

First lunch & Caribs at LeSelect.
7277044898_98ab95a3d4_z.jpg

We settled in (Rose' chilling in the frig) and walked down from Flamands Blue to Hotel Isle de France for our first drinks on the beach and toes in the sand.
7303003644_6bb04ae68b_z.jpg

A very hot French plage attendant in tight little white pressed shorts provided us complimentary lounges to go with this view of Flamands Beach.
7277046736_9fd70caece_z.jpg

That night we did L'Entrace for pizza and BAZ for music most nights.
7277047666_a28cd7d37a_z.jpg

We visited all the beaches, here out to Colombier, one of our favorites, where we found great snorkeling and met some nice young guys off the boats.
7277078724_a345258996_z.jpg

There was an classic sailing regatta taking place and we were invited out to one of them to hang out one afternoon. Heidi quickly learned how to handle a paddle board.
7277191158_5f2b0f25eb_z.jpg

Wall House, our fine dining experience. Mr McGrew reserved it with his friend, the co-owner Julian Tatin.
7197333192_85614217e7_c.jpg

We're livin' the dream for sure with an over the top meal, this view and bottle of Rose'! We almost persuaded our sexy young server Fedrico to come home with us, but he had to help manage the restaurant---so we just returned home, sat in the Jacuzzi and planned tomorrow.
7197329122_471425b0fb_z.jpg

Next day we enjoyed the 25E lunch special at Hotel Manapany where we were the only Americans. It was Wed afternoon so some workers were off, we lounged on beach chairs and admired the cute, fit little surfer boys hitting on us. We swam the pool and napped unter a palm tree and the locals showed us the one spot to access the sea.
7303069646_fd5fc72871_z.jpg

Dinner afterward at Entre Deux where we met some locals who offered to show us part of the island.
7277079180_62db16df18_z.jpg

We hiked out to these natural pools which are so pretty they almost looked fake. This pic is of the view where you can jump down.
7277080160_8caecd249d_z.jpg

Heidi watched some of the boys do this, so she decided to scramble up the cliff and give it a try. It is much higher than it looks.
7249796660_822772f23c_c.jpg

That night we went to LeSelect to meet sbhonline bloggers---can't remember all the names but it was a nice time for all of us.
Burgers afterward were good, too.
7277077522_ff9a230397_z.jpg

Next day new friends took us rock climbing near the caves by Gouvanier---it was fun after morning on the plage.
7277177464_5de5c27037_z.jpg

Inside the caves Heidi and I found some very cool rock formations that I'm sure most tourists don't get to view.
7277095298_1888de6583_z.jpg

Le Ti!!!!
this place is so CRAZY, we had such a great time, watched the floorshow, danced on tables, met some fun and interesting people.
7277076468_2bf5b062e1_z.jpg

Sis taking one last pic of paradise, from the Gendarmerie, before lunch at LeJardin and the plane home.
7277094442_8732189fc0_z.jpg

This was by far the best time and trip of our lives!
Problem? How do we top this? Ideas?
Maybe next (soon) one of us will bring a male companion if they prove worthy of such an experience OR we girls just might keep it for ourselves.

What a great sister trip and you can't beat the location!!! It sounds like you had the time of your lives and made so many memories. Beautiful pictures, beautiful girls. Thanks for sharing.

Two full of life women having the time of their lives-what could be bad? I loved your report.

Just plan that next visit ASAP.

It was a beautiful picture of Caroline and a beautiful gesture by she and Jeff. Mention of Mr. McGrew still there....

looks like a wonderful trip. I can't believe how calm that tide pool was. Everytime we go by that one it's windy and rough. i don't think I would have jumped even though it looks so inviting.

You girls are ADORABLE! The way you grabbed St Barth by the tail makes me smile! Thanks for the photos and report. I have a feeling you'll be back!!

They are even lovelier and prettier in real life. Nice meeting you both at Le Select. Your Mom would be so proud.
No wonder we couldnt get a room at The Sunset!

Trip of a lifetime, indeed. Neither of you beautiful girls will remain unattached for long. What a great "girl trip" and thanks for taking us along....I enjoyed your enthusiasm.
You'll be back!

Great trip report! I find it refreshing that Le Vietnam, a bakery, and Le Select were your first three meals. Well done!

And stayed at the Sunset! Practically locals! I saw these beautiful women around during the week, and every gorgeous frenchman on the island knew they were there. Nicely done girls!

Agreed, well done! This was a fun, playful trip report (in the visual style of the generous Monsieur McGrew).

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.