• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

News From Harbour's

We've learned to appreciate the restaurant that works for us at the time. There are ups and downs. Good years and bad years. The only restaurant that we really miss is Vincent Adam although we miss lots of them.

Listen to the scuttlebutt, but be prepared to abandoned ship. There are too many restaurants to pin oneself to.

Amy et al, I agree Santa Fe.

It was closed last night and again this evening when we drove past. Will it be open this weekend or are they in transition?

They're normally closed on Wednesday. Thursday, maybe Ascension Day, maybe in transition. My contact is with the old owner, not the new, so I'm in the dark.

Not remotely surprised. It's shown in several ways in past year. We wish them well and welcome them to Canada with open arms. We look forward to seeing what they do in Tremblant where they have owned a house for a few years now.

Burning through two chefs and now being on their third of the season hasn't helped. That could make anyone tire of the restaurant business.

Sad. We loved it when it was La Saladerie in the small place in the corner. We first discovered goat cheese salad there.
To us it lost something when they expanded, tho the hosts were still wonderful.
C'est la vie. Restaurant business is transient, even for good restaurants.

Kev - I have yet to taste the new chef's food as we never made it to the isle last year...fingers crossed for this fall so I can give my report first hand! Sounds yummy

I will never forget the mountain of raw meat with the raw egg in the middle, on an 85 degree day.

I dont do raw meat and raw eggs anywhere....LOL

but the pizzas with a cooked egg in the middle were awfully good

Put me in the minority,but i liked jao. They brought a chef in from thailand and the flavor was actually very authentic. Over priced -yes, but if overpriced were the criteria, I would starve in SBH

Having said that, L'escale was even better

Bar Louis, home of the mysteriously square steak. We were looking for you at Red Stripe.

I was just there for a drink...the guy whose house I was staying at last night in Providence happened to be there at a business lunch just as I was going by the exit

Eve aka coco2626 said:
I will never forget the mountain of raw meat with the raw egg in the middle, on an 85 degree day.

And still alive to talk about it...congrats!