Miami Beach - restaurants

Dorocke

Senior Insider
Hi Friends! We're headed to Miami Beach (Bal Harbour) next week for a getaway. Does anyone have any recommendations for outstanding restaurants by our high SBH standards? Looking for tropical/outdoor or eclectic/modern. Not stuffy or too fancy. Thanks for any help!

These look excellent, Steve! I was just honing in on Michy's when I got your post. Thank you.

There was a fun restaurant in South Beach-had the letter "G" in the name. Had a terrific dinner about 3 years ago.

The window is quickly closing on stone crab season. It runs from Columbus Day to Mother's Day. Agree, with Joe's as well but be prepared to wait for a table as they not do reservations but President Grant will help secure a table in a more timely manner.

We are definitely going to Joe's. should we be going Sat. then? It's that big of a difference once 5-13 hits? Who is President Grant???

They will likely be open on Mother's Day but better call to be sure and confirm stone crabs will still be served. They do have a relatively nice bar to wait at and after a few cold martini's the wait will not seem as long.

Bingo-that's it. Creative presentations and tasty food-a fun dining experience.

Thanks Steve-I was going nuts trying to come up with it!

And then there's La Bonito's new sister restaurant in Miami... If I could only remember the name... Someone will have to take a hit for the team sooner or later, and perhaps it's Ashley and Todd's turn.

Do tell!! We are there. Just let me know. I wonder if Nikki Beach there is worth it? I am laughing at myself over the Grant. That's a $100, right?

And a General Grant is a $50. A $100 is a Benjamin, as in Franklin. Y'all got to put the plastic away and pay in greenbacks fom time to time, LOL!

I was going to say...$100 for a table/seat?! I should know this lingo... Juvia looks exactly what I was looking for, Kevin!!! Thank you. I knew you all would be the best resource for even Miami. And thank you, Amy...skipping NB. Steven, I will also try Michy's!

Ashley,

I spoke with one of the owners as I was leaving La Bonita last week, and he was suggesting Juvia for when I'm next in Miami. I won't be in Miami for awhile, so you're up... you know which card to play...