Miami Beach - restaurants

They're closed now it says, Gayle. :-(

We went to Joe's last night. Really cool! I had no idea about Stone Crab and that it was claws only and served cold. We got in with a 15 minute wait.

Went to Michy's on Sunday. Outstanding, Steve!! Thank you! We loved it.

Tonite is Juvia. We have one last night to fill for tomorrow- our last night here...so if anyone has any final recommendations for a finale showstopper!

The St. Regis Bal Harbour is superb! Highly highly recommend to anyone coming to Miami Beach. It's away from all the craziness of SoBe but still just up the road. I've already seen 2 SBH shirts on guests here. Too funny!

Oh no. So sad. I loved it. Also enjoyed Asia de Cuba in the Mondrian. But no comparison to Wish.

yes the Stone Crab business is so very sustainable because no crab is killed in the process....they take one claw...toss the crab back where it grows another....

and Stone Crab meat is as good as any shellfish out there..so sweet...

I would consider Monty Trainers in Coconut Grove..right on the harbor....usually have good live music...and they have an excellent raw bar and do wonderful things with conch

And I'm happy to report that many restaurants have "Whispering Angel" Rose by the glass, as well as a Sancerre! I could almost be in St. Barts,.. not quite but close. Great salads- burrata and tomato!

If you want to take a nice drive and have a good lunch, I recommend Charlie's Crab in Palm Beach. It's right on A1A and across the street from the beach.

Phil

phil62 said:
If you want to take a nice drive and have a good lunch, I recommend Charlie's Crab in Palm Beach. It's right on A1A and across the street from the beach.

Phil

If you want to take a longer drive, take Rt 1 to the south, follow it to Key West, and have dinner at Louie's Backyard. Louie's Backyard is one of the best restaurants in the South, but the 4-hour drive to and from dinner might be a bit more than you're up for.

Mike- lol, I want to stay in SoBe! And more... Top of the Rock than Hideaway... No offense! Luv ya! ;-)

Juvia's was too clubby or "posers" as Todd would say. We were seated and then left before ordering. Very noisy club music outdoors on the terrace seating. My god, we must be getting old?! Sort of like the old "Zanzibarth" maybe? Even more hip/trendy though. So...we ended up at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the design district. Very cool and great food! Thanks again, Steve!!!

You made the right decision when you went to Michael's. Happy you liked it as well as Michy's.

BTW- we found J & G Grill at the St Regis to be very good as well. Jean-Georges has done a nice job IMO.

I have never had a dinner on Ocean Drive I would regard as memorable. I have heard that BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel is very good but I have not eaten there. Are you committed to Ocean Drive?

Something around there...? Around the corner or bend is fine. Or we may end up down there for lunch so how about just a good last night spot somewhere near Bal Harbour even? (Have you been to Adriana in Surfside?)Rainy, overcast today... Thanks so much!

You might want to have a chat with your concierge-they specialize in helping guests discover fine dining spots!