Samoset, Rockport, Maine

noel

Senior Insider
We have a family reunion in Wayland, MA this summer and are thinking about spending a few days at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME afterwards. Didi's family used to vacation near there when she was in her teens. Any reviews or recommendations?

Thanks

Samoset is a great choice....look at Strawberry Hill Inn as well...

cant go to Rockport and not go to Prisms to eat....the very best of the bunch...The Offshore is good as a funky low key place too....but we loved Prisms

are you wandering away from Rockport at all???..if so, Arrows in Ogunquit and Fore Street in Portland are very very good

Thanks Mike!
Yes we are wandering and much appreciate the suggestions.
Also, is there any whale watching nearby? We see services out of Boothbay Harbor, not sure about others.

I actually prefer Fore Street but they are both very very good and both have a strong commitment to only using fresh local organic products from local farmers and fishermen

NHDiane said:
We've had Arrows on our radar forever...just haven't made the trip yet.

I go to Mark and Clark's MC Perkins Cove when I'm in Ogunquit. Every few months I have a business dinner at their Summer Winter restaurant in Burlington MA. They have some interesting ideas, plus a few odd ones...