• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

What is a perfect night out without kids?

TPunch42

Senior Insider
I asked this question last summer. But curious if the responses might be different and wanted to compile a new list.

If you could plan one perfect evening out without kids in St. Barts, where would you go and what would you do with your evening? (one evening only, and not too late of a night)

Also, keep in mind we go off season. Places like Baz Bar are closed.

we usually get a night or two without the brat..

they typically go this way..

A pop at Select
A pop at Gustaf to watch the sun set
Dinner somewhere nice and quiet...not fancy..we re not into that in St Barts....overrated and overpriced in our opinion...somewhere on the water preferably, i.e. Wall House..Harbours..Gloriette..L'Entracte..places like that
Dessert at Creperie
Nightcap or three at Select.....

head on home

thats our date night.....

Well . . . .

I think the best bar for a cocktail on the island is at Eden Rock -- a mixologist that knows it all and they have Montrachet by the glass.

If you want a little music with dinner check out Le News and see if anyone is playing . . .

If no music on the horizon, our best date night place is Le Gaïac . . . table by the pool, nice breeze, surf pounding and subtle spotlights on the waves.

I would modify JEK's plan slightly with sunset cocktails at the Guse, then on to Le Gaiac for a nice quiet dinner. The trick is to make sure the kids are asleep when you get home. The rest, my dear, is up to the two of you.

Phil

Ok... that's 2 for Le Gaiac and cocktails at Guse or Eden Rock..

We are at Le Select everyday anyways so we will probably already have been there by then for a Ti Punch 4 two... :D

Any other restos best done without the kids...Does not have to be expensive?

yeah you can skip Select and go right to the Goose.... we somehow always end up doing both....it just works out that way....LOL...

the waterside table at Harbours....that would be my first choice of all the choices I mentioned

I think Tiawana is killin it. Fresh,elegant setting. Would be my first choice this year.

We love Harbours but so do the kids. It's on the list as a must go for sure...But may do that one with the girls. We had a fantastic meal there last year.

A trip to the Goose may be just right for this trip. If you can believe we have never done that... I know kind of shocking...we are always enjoying a drink either at our villa with the sun setting or at Le Select after a late afternoon on Gouvernour.

For those who love Le Gaiac. Tell me what makes it special.

RickyG said:
I think Tiawana is killin it. Fresh,elegant setting. Would be my first choice this year.

Really?!?.... that's where Pa Cri moved right? hmmm... would not have thought to consider that one. What kind of food?

Ricky is right about Taiwana, but I would still pick Le Gaiac because it's super romantic, has great classic French food prepared by an award winning chef, outstanding service, a well balanced wine list that goes from reasonable to OMG, and most of all, that feeling of being in a special place for a special evening.

It has been our date night choice for almost 20 years.

Phil

phil62 said:
I would modify JEK's plan slightly with sunset cocktails at the Guse, then on to Le Gaiac for a nice quiet dinner. The trick is to make sure the kids are asleep when you get home. The rest, my dear, is up to the two of you.

Phil

Phil -- I agree the Guse at sunset is a killer, I just had the best Negroni every ER and Susie is a Montrachet girl.

Bar none, Le Gaïac is the dinner choice.

Our perfect St Barths night out without the kids is leaving them in Conncticut for a week with the grandparents...

Well.. we are already committed to the kids coming this trip... and San Diego is an awfully long ways away. We feel too far away from them. Plus we don't really have family we can leave them with these days...they are all too busy with their own. Our girls are well behaved and easy to travel with for the most part but it is always nice to have a little time alone.

JEK-- Jeff loves a good Negroni. So we will have to make it to ER for one for sure before our 2 weeks is up.

Phil-- We will be sure to put Le Gaiac at the top of the list.

JEK said:
phil62 said:

Phil

Phil -- I agree the Guse at sunset is a killer, I just had the best Negroni every ER and Susie is a Montrachet girl.

Bar none, Le Gaïac is the dinner choice.

Guys, I just *can't see* having a Negroni in St. Barts... don't get me wrong, I love them, but when I'm in the FWI, it is all about Rhum...

TPunch42 said:
Well.. we are already committed to the kids coming this trip...

dont give it a second thought...you re doing the right thing.....if we don't show them the world..then who does?....there are fewer more pure joys than watching your little ones discover the world around them...

TPunch42 said:
Any thoughts from the gals on this one?

Hi Ti,

By no means am I an expert on the romantic side of St Barth, but I would certainly agree with the gentlemen's recommendations. I would recommend doing things that are unique to St Barth that you couldn't experience anywhere else. A cocktail watching the sunset over Gustavia would be the perfect prelude to a romantic evening. (You may enjoy it so much that you want to take the girls on another evening.) I had hoped to go to La Gaiac on my recent trip, but there weren't enough evenings. I would dine there for the highly-recommended cuisine and the unique setting over Toiny. And if you want to keep the magic going, end the evening with a nightcap at the lounge at On the Rocks - another unique and equally magical setting. Wear something special and feel beautiful!