• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Taiwana

RickyG

Senior Insider
Tried the burger at Tiawana today at lunch with Jeff.....it was really very good.
Went back for dinner tonight to try out the PaCri/Tiawana set up with JB....excellent meal, excellent service. These guys will easily fit into my top 5 list.

Can't wait! Did any of us (except JEK) ever think we would say that we had 2 meals in one day at Taiwana? And the service was good?

Hey! I only had one and that took a special tour guide with personal credentials.

RickyG said:
Tried the burger at Tiawana today at lunch with Jeff.....it was really very good.
Went back for dinner tonight to try out the PaCri/Tiawana set up with JB....excellent meal, excellent service. These guys will easily fit into my top 5 list.

I am sorry I didn't see you guys come in! I got there Saturday to help out in the kitchen for a few weeks and love it. Very nice group of people, front and back. Glad you liked it! Thought I saw JB soaking up the sun at Annie's place earlier in the day but didn't want to bug her as she was enveloped in her book and I in my walk my my better half....

It's good to know PaCei is still good at Taiwana. We loved the Saline location, and followed them to Manapany this year in early February. Food and service were excellent there in Manapany, even though it was difficult to get there with road construction. The restaurant space at Manapany was beautiful, and it was actually was one of our newbie's to the island's favorite dinner. The rest of us voted for our favorite dinners at Santa Fe and Le Gaiac, but everyone liked PaCri. We thought about L'Isola, but we're a little turned off by the reports of the city type vibe and high cost for pasta. The only thing that saved our dinner at Bonito was that Nungan was playing. Food was okay, but service was strangely pushy for St. Barths, even though we were ordering fairly expensive wine, even with the starter courses.

Diana, Didier and I had a great dinner there last week, definitely a pleasant surprise after all the Dark Years.