Dinner.....

MIke R

Senior Insider
after an incredible 3D Imax movie ....where we had to wear these ridiculous glasses....

1332639270-AABoston2.jpg

we hopped into a pedi cab...

1332640808-AABoston1.jpg

1332639367-AABoston1.jpg

and headed to the oldest restaurant in America....which is the best Oyster Bar period for my money....and slurped a few dozen WellFleets

1332640722-AABoston.jpg

from there...onto Legals Seafood....met up with Kevin and Kate and sbhlvr ( Carol and Dave )..one of the very few seafood restaurants I will eat in and actually order the fish....more Wellfleets...mussels...tuna....haddock....scallops...all fresh and cooked right....

from there to Cafe Vittoria for cannolis and cappucinos....

1332640914-AABoston3.jpg

wonderful evening....

Attachments

• AABoston2.jpg
    AABoston2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 38
  • AABoston.jpg
    AABoston.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 37
  • AABoston2.jpg
    AABoston2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 36
  • AABoston.jpg
    AABoston.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 39
  • AABoston1.jpg
    AABoston1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 36
  • AABoston5.jpg
    AABoston5.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 37
  • AABoston3.jpg
    AABoston3.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 36
It was a fun evening. Thanks for letting us tag along.

We braved the line at Modern Pastry after we left you. It went pretty quickly. We got the last lobster tail. There was a family in front of us that had never been there before. They had aleady put their order in when the next employee came up to us and asked me what we wanted. I replied a lobster tail and a cannoli ( for Sunday and Monday!). The mother immediately turned to us and asked what a lobster tail is. We informed her and she turned to her husband and said she wanted a lobster tail also. I had moved up to the front to pay for our order. I could hear her husband say "what's a lobster tail?" She said "I don't know but we have to have one!" When the husband came up to pay, he said You got the last one.. I couldn't believe it

The stars were in my favor..parking spot near Legal Seafood, last lobster tail and it didn't start raining until we got in the car

I am all set for Phil to come back with the breakfast goodies.

Yours looks delicious. ENJOY!

as I am sure yours will be as well....enjoy

soon enough for us

I think we all need a lipitor intervention

walking around with Lena this morning we came upon a small handwritten sign which simply said "bocco panneteria" and an arrow pointing to a very dark narrow alley...so I said to Lena " lets go see what this is all about"...so we proceeded down the alley, which brought us to some old stone steps...which led us to a door...through the door and down more stairs to below ground level now.....and lo and behold we came upon an underground bread baking operation much like the one Nicholas Cage baked in, in the movie Moonstruck.....and we scored some incredible looking bread for later on.....

all the way home I tried to impart the "get off the beaten path, and this is why lesson" ..to Lena

Glad you took advantage of that time and place to impart a great life lesson. think Robert Frost, THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Mike that is sooo cool.
You'll have to tell us sometime.

"Johnny has his hand, Johnny has his bride"

"get me the big knife!"

such a great movie.

Mike was this just a Daddy and me trip?? Sounds like a great time. The Oyster House is on my hubby's radar for the raw bar but haven't been there in a very long time. I'e been thinking it's time for us to get there, especially after reading your post. That little bakery was quite a find and one we may try to find.

no Diane we are all down for a retail show but Dad cant walk the miles it takes to do one of these Expo Center shows, so Lena and I just chilled all weekend, while Mom went to the show and bought fun new things for the shops

tonight??..Reginas!!!!!

Reginas.......what a joint...I cut my teeth in places like this.....86 years old...and still going strong with the same brick oven.......

just pizza and wine or beer....no apps...no dessert,,no salads....pizza and wine or beer...for 86 years

nice!

1332715722-IMG_0277.JPG
1332715967-IMG_0278.JPG

uh....what do we do???...wine not in a wine glass...do we drink it???...do we not drink it???...do we tell her its wine not in a wine glass???...what vintage is it???....is this normal???... :D :D

1332716236-IMG_0281.JPG
1332716336-IMG_0282.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46