anyone been to Viceroy?

griegle1

SBH Insider
Booked for what is now our usual Christmas/NYE trip to SBH, but looking for a shorter stay in a different warm weather destination over Thanksgiving.

Viceroy does well in the popular press and on trip advisor. Just looking for any first hand knowledge

Thanks in advance

Stayed at the Viceroy two years ago right after it opened. Great place, spread out. Different vibe than other places I have stayed in the Caribbean, more Miami type feel to it but still had a great time. Two great beaches close by, amazing views. I would stay there again, the price is steep and your money might go further at the Cuisinart but it is not as flashy if that matters to tyou.

Thanks very much. I think we are going to check it out in November. Sometimes the full service hotel sort of thing is fun for a short amount of time. Thanks again for the feedback

You will have a great time. What room you thinking? We stayed in two different ones? There are some above the lobby area with roof deck pools that are great.

Staff is very accomodating, food was so/so, other places in Anguilla that are much better. For cheap, fun Mexican go to Picante right down the street from the Viceroy. Go to Gerards for lunch, fresh breads, great sandwiches and cookies to die for.

thanks. The two level ones with the roof top pool is exactly what I have booked. Actually, not a bad price for November. Really appreciate the restaurant recommendations. Its always better to hear from those that have been there!!

Beach at Crocus Bay where Resto is.

med_1332607259-540406_10150807561157317_592142316_11820545_264162938_n.jpg

Attachments

• 540406_10150807561157317_592142316_11820545_264162938_n.jpg
    540406_10150807561157317_592142316_11820545_264162938_n.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
Wow - looks like an amazing place. Exactly what I'm looking for. As much as we love SBH, it does not does toes in the sand fine dining as well as some other places. Really appreciate the recommendation. Will be sure to provide some feedback.

Peter is right on too with the DaVida recommendation. It is a must for either a long afternoon lunch or dinner.

I wish the team who opened the resto would open a boutique hotel on Anguilla. It is nicely done.

thanks again for the feedback. Just booked a week in November in a one bedroom residence. Also found out they will gladly accommodate our two small yorkshire terriers. Should be an interesting week. Thanks again

Arlnow,
Here are a few photos from our trip last month....Viceroy (just went for drinks) and DaVida; which was great.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 71
thanks. Great shots. Should be a nice change of pace. I'll be sure to report after we get back. Actually doing SBH and AXA a month apart. Should be interesting...

friends of ours are doing St Barts ( Manapany ) and Anguilla ( Viceroy ) in a few weeks....I will ask them for their thoughts on it

amyb said:
Which are they doing first?
St Barts....going the same day as us.... and it wasnt even planned that way....we found out quite by accident at a business meeting

I've been researching Anguilla for a July weekend getaway and Viceroy looks to be our style. Have heard CJ is dated and has ownership and service issues. Hoping Viceory service is good. So far, very slow to get back to me.

Gayle, My understanding is that Cap Juluca will be under auction very soon.

Anguilla will be very laid back following SBH-a very different island vibe. I hope they post.