when bad officiating and bad coaching come together

The only good news is that some day, #34 is going to bump into a guy that will straighten him out.
Someday.

NYCFred said:
The only good news is that some day, #34 is going to bump into a guy that will straighten him out.
Someday.

yep...I am such a protective mother hen with my players that if that happened to my kids it would take every ounce of restraint to not go out there and kick his ass all over the floor myself....

unquestionably those officials should lose their certification..and possibly could if this video gets into the right hands...which I am sure it will now

I watch a lot of high school basketball and this is becoming more common in the game and I personally blame the officials more than the coaches. A lot of games you see the officials call a little ticky-tack foul up top and then they let a mugging take place when a kid goes in for a layup. In a game like this it is really easy for the official to control the game. First time it is done it is a flagrant foul and a warning. Next it is technical #1 then #2 and you are out of the game. Since some coaches will not take responsibility for this type of play, the officials need to take charge. Set the tone of the game early and you are not going to have any issues. Yes, I have officiated in the past and a few kids were thrown out because of fouls like this. Coach didn't like it, but to bad!

yeah I blame the officials first too....as the saying goes 'good officiating can overcome bad coaching"....

but secondly someone in authority at the school needs to sit in on some of those practices and see exactly what in the hell those kids are being taught....

my center is built just like #34..a big strong all state defensive tackle on our state championship football team...and he knows if he ever played that way he would be all done before he ever knew what happened

A follow up article about the incident. The head of the officials association said diagreed with the negative comments.

David Pierce, a 30-year veteran of the Tri-Cities Sports Officials Association, took issue with Christenson's contention, saying the referees did their job during the game.
"There were no problems and no fights. It's getting painted as flagrant fouls or intentional fouls, but it doesn't have anything to do with that," Pierce said. "The guy took a camera and jaded it. He didn't show the whole game. He showed six plays."

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/...ool-basketball-video-shows.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/01/04/1774000/high-school-basketball-video-shows.html

weak......very very weak answer

my answer is this

Cincinnati vs Xavier..thats what happens when officials let the players determine the tone of a game