• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Harvey Weinstein tries to rent out Bagatelle

I am just the messenger. No more so than the posts about how many yachts are in the harbor that you seem to like. :)

ho ho ho, seems like I did hit a nerve.....relax!

I couldn't care less about the NY fuss. Peace & quiet is all I need... not impressed by the yachts in the harbor until they're gone. Same applies to Harvey Weinstein....

I believe I'm not the only one..... but hey, that's just me.

islander said:
I couldn't care less about the NY fuss. Peace & quiet is all I need... not impressed by the yachts in the harbor until they're gone. Same applies to Harvey Weinstein....

islander let me assure you, without a shred of doubt, I am the only one in this fair site who truly understands that feeling.....nice to hear someone else echoing those sentiments... ;)

but I hear ya......up here our tourists have come, left their money behind, and are finally now departing....

it still truly amazes me they call that fun....LOL

but now we can all settle into a nice, much more manageable pace.......

and before anyone asks - let me answer.... I'd rather make less money and have no insane Christmas week with insane Christmas tourists....

....You got that right.....to quote a well known friend of ours: "there's no dollar sign on your peace of mind, this I've come to know"

I like that Ron......and Islander lives there.....that in itself is a statement....

no one who lives in a resort is going to like Christmas week..

its blood money....they are so demanding and high maintenance because of the prices they had to pay to be where they are...it simply isnt worth it to me....my shops had to be open 98 hours last week....thats nuts!

but none the less I wont mind depositing the result of it all tomorrow..... :D }:|

on top of that I had a 4 day Christmas basketball tournament 2 hours away....

sleep??..whats that????.....lOL

but its over now....we can breath.....and sleep

Harvey Weinstein was not going to miss the New York Giants’ victory over the Dallas Cowboys while spending New Year’s in St. Barts.
The movie mogul rented French bistro Bagatelle in Gustavia, installed big TV screens, and threw a Caribbean viewing party for his famous friends vacationing on the island, including Martha Stewart, Wyclef Jean and Larry Gagosian.
Others at the Jan. 1 bash, also arranged by the Cinema Society’s Andrew Saffir and Rachel Zoe’s husband, Rodger Berman, were Twitter creator Jack Dorsey, Vivi Nevo, Russell Simmons and Melissa George, Dasha Zhukova, Georgina Chapman, Brian Grazer and Brett Ratner.

Weinstein, a lifelong Jets fan, had earlier watched his team in a tiny Gustavia bar and said he was “sad that they lost,” but managed to shake it off and cheer on the Giants with the help of Bagatelle’s DJ Fabien Koufach.
A guest says, “The rumor was the DJ was bribed by a Giants fan. Every time the Giants scored, Queen’s ‘We Will Rock You’ blared out, while the music was silent for the Cowboys. That was followed by ‘Highway to Hell’ when the Cowboys lost and sloped off the field.”
While there were no game-day wings, guests were offered posh fare including truffle pizza, kobe filet mignon, local lobster and fresh sea scallops. Of the fine French feast, one party-goer quipped, “We’re eating foie gras to watch a football game.”
Of all the football fans there — including Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Olivia Palermo and Johannes Huebl, Vito Schnabel, Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld, Daniel Benedict and Nicolas Berggruen — only two were Cowboys supporters, Berman and Warner Bros. Records CEO Todd Moscowitz.
Notably missing was Jon Bon Jovi, who we are told cut his St. Barts trip short by a day to attend the game at MetLife Stadium and see the Giants clinch the playoffs in person.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/st_barts_bash_boosted_blue_QXx7qBjooYI7qSXN7VKXxI#ixzz1iP2Ljt2D

Ditto!! Not sure my heart can take the playoffs - every game is a nail-biter that brings the profanity to a whole new level in my house :)