• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

"Rock Breaker" Prohibition

tim

How sweet the sound....

Attachments

• rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 32
not really, we had them limited over here to 8am-12pm and 2pm-5pm - that's 7 hours a day
now it says they can do it from 7am-12pm and 2pm-6pm in low season, that's 9 hours a day, I think I'll kill myself!
although I don't think they are referring to my personal quarry over here, I think they mean jack hammers but I intend to find out asap

We have lived next door to a akkittta akkittta rock breaking machines-IT SUCKS!

Ellen, I feel your pain and am so sorry that your part of paradise has been tainted.

Apparently there are low impact explosives that could do the job far quicker, but they aren't licenced for use on St Barts.

Ellen?

Remember, Ellen and Rosemond are not near a construction site-that would go away after the job was completed. They are across the road from an industrial site where rock crushers are at it all the "approved hours"-just about every single day. I think of it as EXCEDRIN headache #1.

I live across from a quarry and they only blast 1x a week- LOL The cats sleep right thru it now.

We were in a new villa across from Francois Plantation. A March anniversary trip. Still high season.
The machine began at 7 am and was right alongside our eating area. A few days of hell, they closed shop for the Easter break Thurs Fri Sat Sun and Easter Monday. Tuesday they were back and we went home.

When on island, I like cruising by both our old rental villas and ones we have lined up for future trips. If we see cranes, we will bail.

2 years ago there was a cement wall going up next to our villa on the beach- some noise but nothing big. Phyllis liked the studly guys with no shirts working on the wall. I ignored them- LOL. It looked like a new villa was going up inside the wall. The wall was down this year and no new villa. I have no idea what happened.

My favorite work crew to watch was guys doing the new road-super highway-up to the overlook in Colombier. We were at Haute Maison and saw the daily progress. Great tans and great bodies.

Another bunch of rock smashers, by hand this time, was to be found in the shade of the trees on the road past Francois Plantation. They were chipping stones for the work at The huge villa behind Haute Maison.

The crew doing the wall around the Carl Gustaf was good on the eyes too. Saw them as we went up and down and to and from from Lurin.

I hope the PTOM doesn't ignore the things that turn people off, sometimes permanently.

"Rock Breaker?" Hmmmm... :p ;) Years ago a friend of mine nicknamed his girlfriend that.

Duckin'