• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Shopping help/pearl necklace

I don't know that i have any photos of me and my baubles. I'm the one BEHIND the lens, not in front. I'll take a look-see through my photos and see what I can find.

Here's a couple of pictures of us with the Mignot clan - lotsa pearls on show. Happy new year all

Attachments

• pearl.jpg
    pearl.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 79
  • mignot.jpg
    mignot.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 78
Yes, it is, BeachBob! I know that T has several fabulous pieces. I got a beautiful cobalt piece in 2010.

Maryvonne and Gerard are just delightful people with wonderful stories of raising their family on the sea. I see they opened the bubbles for you, Infi. What a treat!!

Missy you are correct we always love how the various shopkeepers do serve drinks when you are shopping. Something so few places do in the US. The RL store even goes out and brings drinks in late in the day. It sure adds to the fun.

Those are beautiful necklaces. Perhaps I need to give my husband a little hint for Valentine's Day.

NHDiane said:
Wasn't there another website that gave pricing?
I have bought several pieces from Aimee Anderson at the Seaside store and a couple of things from the St. bath store and I have never seen anything with prices. Probably because everything is priced based on the pearls they use.

They have a scale based on pearl size, but it depends on the item.They are creations so each is prized on the work involved.

Over the years we are lucky enough to have become their friends, and we have both a lot of their pearl works and some rather one of a kind sea glass pieces they have made for us.

Without being persnickety (I am editing this on reflection to say I am being persnickety and definitely opinionated :)), the extended family pieces from Santa Barb, Fl and MX are really good, better than the copies; however the works and pearls she has in St Barth are still the best though you do pay for them. She still has the best eye and the workmanship is unmistakable.

We will be back in July 2012; when we have final dates set I will post in meetings. It adds such a special dimension to this site to meet so many of you in real life and get to know you in the real world as well as in a cyber sense. It is what makes this site so compelling

I agree with you INFI. Meeting the posters is a kick and I look forward to in person smiles and greetings that are often accompanied with heartwarming hugs.

That would be great. We will be there in the middle of the month but the dates aren't locked as of yet