Fiat anyone?

I saw this on the fiatusa.com website a few days ago. I am actually going to visit the local fiat studio this weekend to check them out. Not the abarth version which is not yet available. I'm looking at the base fiat pop - lists for around usd 16,000 - let's see what kind of deals they are willing to make.

BTW, after seeing this commecial I wonder if there is some hidden meaning when fiat calls their base model 500 the "POP" ? lol.

Q: Who is the smoking hot girl in the FIAT 500 Abarth commercial?

A: Catrinel Menghia

Catrinel is a Romanian model. She lives in Milan, Italy, and is the face of Giorgio Armani. She’s been featured in Sports Illustrated, FHM, & Maxim. Her Wiki.

[biggest]
Link [/biggest]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 43
eddie,

as luck would have it, I have a neighbor and good friend Tony, a retired Army colonel, and he is an expert on Fiats. He has 2 or 3 and now that he's retired he has a lot of time on his hands to tinker with his old Fiats. So, if I go ahead and buy or lease the 500 Pop, if I have a problem, I just call Tony and ask him to Fix It Again Tony lol.

They are easy to work on. Before I met Kathy I worked on a female friend's "fiats" (oh, car, too - Gawd, I hope Kathy isn't looking over my shoulder.)

BTW. Kathy and I have been together for many, many years. Our son just crabs that he doesn't know what to gift me at XMAS or b'day - "Ya own every tool and gizmo known to mankind." I simply respond - "Show up with da kids and we'll whip up a dinner and enjoy what we have."

Sometimes simple is the best. Love your family and friends. Avoid stepping in doo-doo. Help anytime ya can.

IMHO

JEK said:
Q: Who is the smoking hot girl in the FIAT 500 Abarth commercial?

A: Catrinel Menghia

Catrinel is a Romanian model.

Damn it. Why do all the romanians around here look like this:

Attachments

• kerjalainen.1.540x405.jpg
    kerjalainen.1.540x405.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 39
Ahhh, the good ole EU...

Romanian beggars now spread across the country
Carloads coming into Turku from Sweden and heading inland

The Romanian beggars who have caused consternation in Helsinki and Turku have now spread out into other parts of Finland. Panhandlers are now a common enough sight in many cities.
According to Superintendent Teuvo Saikkonen of the Helsinki Police Department, the outward spread was only to be expected.
“Helsinki has had a small coterie of beggars since last fall, and the situation has not changed. We have information that new beggars have made landfall elsewhere in the country. There is no livelihood to be had from begging in Helsinki if there are people on every street corner with their hand out”, says Saikkonen.
He argues that the best way to support the Romanians is to help them in their own country, rather than to give alms here.

In Turku on the west coast, the police warned people about the Romanian beggars through the media, and advised against inviting them into one’s home.
Apparently Roma groups arrived by the carload from Romania in mid-April, taking the ferries over from Sweden.
Most of them have since moved on to other towns and cities inland, since few have been seen out and about in Turku, comments Det. Supt. Harri Savolainen from the local police.
There were around a hundred reports to police in Loimaa about panhandlers, and some itinerant beggars had apparently attempted to stop cars on a stretch of motorway between Turku and Tampere. Small children were said to be accompanying the adults.

A working party set up by the Ministry of the Interior at the beginning of April is currently examining the need for unified measures by officials to do something about the matter. At the same time, the working party is looking into possible amendments to legislation.
Begging as such is not against the law in Finland, and according to the principles of free movement enshrined in the European Union regulations, any citizen of a member-state of the EU can come to Finland.

Sweden and Norway have also experienced an influx of beggars. These, too, have mainly been EU citizens, predominantly from Romania.
In Assisi in Italy, the city authorities have banned all begging within 500 metres of churches and public buildings, and French authorities have taken the drastic step of putting Romanian beggars on a plane to Timisoara with their flights paid for and EUR 300 in their pockets, on

A year ago our city gave them money to leave before the winter and paid their ferry tickets to Estonia. They've been given food, showers, etc.

We don't have beggars, we don't have street people, and our climate is not suitable for such an activities. It's against our nature if people freeze on the streets.

Those people just don't fit here.

Attachments

• Kerjalaisia-Helsingi_64379b.jpg
    Kerjalaisia-Helsingi_64379b.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 40
Is Romania that bad that they have folks coming to Finland for handouts?

I have spent time in eastern Europe. Most folks seem to have a very negative opinion of Romanian gypsies. Although, they play some darned good music.

We have many "street folks" here. We support many organizations that help them get through a winter night. What else can ya do?

Up north in Michigan many restos, etc. have free dinners on Thanksgiving day and XMAS for those who don't have.

You have struck a nerve.. I'm a lowly Irish guy who was very fortunate to marry a Romanian from a very Romanian family...best day of my life.....still is, everyday..

Attachments

• DSC_00061_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_00061_edited-1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 39