• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Road Construction update?

BoatDrinks2

SBH Insider
Can anyone give an update on current road construction (if there is) between St. Jean and Vitet? Tim..??

Is the roundabout complete at Le Piment? Road between St. Jean and Lorient??
Thanks!

Thanks---yes, inquiring minds want to know! I'm curious about the stretch from St. Jean to Marigot. Wasn't it closed, or one-way a while back?

Tim won't be on the island for three more weeks. Perhaps someone else can give us this update.

Well, we saw that the Le Piment project is coming along swimmingly :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8fqCXwdN4[/youtube]

For what its worth, it looks as though they are making some kind of progress, but who knows. I drove that stretch a couple of times today with no real problem - there is a stop light on both sides of construction, but it does not seem to back the traffic up too much. It is a quick light. I am not sure if the road over the hill to Saline is completely closed or just one-way. I have had no real reason to pay attention to it.

Cheers-

PJ

I thought the new roundabout was closer to Andy's cottage than I thought. Thank goodness for Google on my new ipad!
Yup, Andy, that is what we call it.