• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

What is Your Favorite St Barts Beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toiney "beach" is not for the weak. There is a huge undertow. The rocks are unforgivable. Nice to look at but not to swim at. BE CAREFULL if you choose to swim there. I have never swum there. Nor will I ever.

Here are couple for you.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2011-09-27_at_8.26.54_AM.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2011-09-27_at_8.26.54_AM.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,902
ChasBidd said:
Toiney "beach" is not for the weak. There is a huge undertow. The rocks are unforgivable. Nice to look at but not to swim at. BE CAREFULL if you choose to swim there. I have never swum there. Nor will I ever.

My best SBH-born friend warned me never to swim at Toiny, specifically because of the nasty undertow. Sadly, he later died there.

do you mean Michel Ledée... a perfect example of why not to swim there unless you are the local surfers who seem to understand the currents..

John - I love the color in this picture - tell your wife I copied her idea and now have it as my desktop :up:

We do Gouvanier & Colombier every trip but one of our favs to walk, Anse de Cayes, down from Hotel Manapany, an end of the world feel near the cliffs.
3385522626_594d46e580_z.jpg

our twice a day routine with perhaps the best wide white sand of any...Flamands
5643728902_75fc618c40_z.jpg

we never tire of a Sunset swim at Shell, either.

Anse Marechal is cool to explore. There is a large area of old ruins on the west (I think) end, where it appears a dock used to be. In the area between Anse Marechal and the beach that Guanahani's transats are is a large residence that has been the subject of a prior thread.

Depending on the winds Governuer or Saline in the morning and St. Jean or Shell in the afternoon. As pretty as all of the beaches are on SBH, I prefer to always face the sun, which is not possible on Flamands or Grand cul de Sac in the morning. The afternoon beach time is for people/plane watching. Yes, I know no planning, but we are going to spend a day at IDF during our upcoming trip.

JEK - I have had this as my desktop since it appeared from that unknown villa earlier this year. Thank you for sharing.

C

For those who might not recognize Charlotte's photo above, it is of the Les Ilets de la Plage(Lazy Lay) and Coral Reef villas at the western end of St. Jean Beach.

RG and I visit all the beaches, but we hang out most of the day on the Baie de St Jean......

Attachments

• Les-Plages-web.jpg
    Les-Plages-web.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,892
Baie Flamands rough??
In deferance to others, are some of you giving "our" beach a bad rap?
Over a decade with views from our terrace, hundreds of plage walks, SO many wife photos (as my friend andynap reminds me) all seasons and frankly...to my eye it's no calmer/rougher than others???
Over breakfast a trip or two ago for example---not even a ripple...
4223269476_d36e3d3bf3_z.jpg

Last December when there are typically "Christmas" winds, it was flatter here than the other side of the island by a lot.
5316808535_b743932fb5_z.jpg

A few weeks ago I dove in before the plane home---a pair of striking, I assume IDF Guests were on their backs calmly floating on rafts to the right of this shot.
6106799000_326bcd7eab_z.jpg

Jeff, that is a very calm day, you have to be honest, there are days its does get a little rough...
as I said we call it the clobber zone, you can get knocked over on occasion...

Flammands. No doubt. Flammands. I'm surprised more people didn't mention this most beautiful, peaceful beach.

I also love the Toiny coastline but less for the beaches and more for the best hiking. Incredible

tim said:
For those who might not recognize Charlotte's photo above, it is of the Les Ilets de la Plage(Lazy Lay) and Coral Reef villas at the western end of St. Jean Beach.

I could have used Charlotte's photo when I was trying to visualize where the Coral Reef Beach Villas are. The photo gives a great perspective on Coral Reef and Lazy Lay. Now I know...I've walked by them a hundred times. Merci.

Status
Not open for further replies.