where's the snow??

MIke R

Senior Insider
soon enough...but tonight was not about heading up to the mountain to go skiing..it was about coming together as a ski community and supporting our adaptive ski program, which teaches handicapped kids and adults how to ski and provides them with all the specialized equipment they need so they can ski safely and with skill....facing enormous budget cuts in their program to the point where they might not exist, we had a fund raising dinner and auction for them tonight ....we convinced a retired Austrian chef who is one of the greatest chefs I know and whose local restaurant was packed when he was cooking ( the best weiner schnitzel I have ever had and will ever have in my life ) to come and cook for us....amazing dinner....and the auction for him to come to a house and cook for 4 people fetched two thousand dollars, which speaks volumes for what the local community thinks of his cooking and his food ( I bailed out of the bidding at 800 )...lot of fun and a lot money raised....

the snow will come soon enough..meanwhile it was a nice night up there even if there was no skiiing

6179341351_721bc39cf7.jpg

I see your starting to get some color in those trees; what a difference a month makes. Here's a look at the west fork of the Peabody River on the northeast side of Mt Washington in late August.

1316996947-DSCN1439__Medium_.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1439__Medium_.JPG
    DSCN1439__Medium_.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 109
Northern Finland got their first snow today. At altitude of 250 m (800 feet), we still don't have any mountains :)

Half of the newspaper readers are already waiting for snow, sigh..

Winter is inevitable; three petrol stations have already switched to winter diesel.

Summer diesel goes down to -10 C (14 F), winter diesel goes down to -34 C (-29 F). There's also arctic winter diesel that goes a bit lower.