• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

La Plage Webcam

Doesn't seem high to me.

Saturday 09/24/11 2:31AM 1.59 feet High Tide
Saturday 09/24/11 2:57AM Moonrise
Saturday 09/24/11 6:00AM Sunrise
Saturday 09/24/11 10:12AM 0.43 feet Low Tide
Saturday 09/24/11 3:50PM Moonset
Saturday 09/24/11 4:35PM 1.63 feet High Tide

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2011-09-24_at_7.50.30_AM.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2011-09-24_at_7.50.30_AM.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 41
Horrors! The beach is washing away again!!!! And there's more seaweed than yesterday too!!!!

Or could it just be that there is a new moon high tide in a few days, coupled with Ophelia kicking up the wave action?

No matter where I sleep, Tom beach is my hangout. Although that seaweed looks pretty nasty.
I will at least be on that side for the first 2 nights when we say at Sunset.

This bonanza of nutrition delivered by the sea to the birds, crabs and other creatures turns out to be vitally important. A pulse of energy results in greater reproductive output, in other words more babies. And these baby-boom years have important consequences because they boost the population density. In leaner years, when food and reproduction might be limited, this extra boost can make a big difference to survival of population and species.
Last Sunday afternoon, hearing the beach disco at the Guanahani Hotel pound out an unrelenting bass line to the cheering party-goers, reveling in the summer music, I was aware that there truly was a sex and rock and roll party in full swing. This one was in the seaweed and with birds and winged insects and the crabs at least.
We humans will benefit from the nutrient influx provided by sargassum to the coast and oceans. The greater productivity cascades through the food web including into fisheries. And there are immediate uses; sargassum weed is a great source of nutrition for plants. And if collected and washed off, it provides excellent fertilizer for plants. The weed that is collected from beaches can be composted or applied directly to vegetation including fruits and vegetables plants.

Deborah Brosnan

I saw one yesterday. I think Eve is spending too much time working and not enough time webcamming.

I am busy setting up my new ballet school. So I hear the buzz and can't switch it fast enough. There is a photo of a landing from yesterday under the webcam picture.
Thanks for missing me! LOL
(Plus the seaweed is depressing me)