• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Gay Friendly St. Barts

JEK

Senior Insider
I think our gay forum friends would agree with this perspective.
http://www.premiumiv.com/gay-st-barts-gay-friendly.php

Gay St Barts Vacations

In answer to the question "Is St Barts a gay friendly island?" the answer is that St Barts is an everybody friendly island.

There is no specific gay scene, gay bars or gay clubs with gay visitors simply mixing in with the general to an fro of the island, and there are openly gay staff and owners of the bars, restaurants, clubs and other sectors of the island's industry.

In contrast to other Caribbean islands where homosexuality remains illegal, and even while "tolerated" gay visitors are often frowned upon by conservative locals, St Barts is easy going, laissez-faire and no one is concerned with anyone's sexuality.
Unless of course they are specifically interested in the person concerned.

Here at Premium IV we have a long history of dealing with a gay clientele, and are here to help put the perfect vacation together for you, organise your parties, or indeed your wedding.

Gay St Barts Vacations

Simply Relax, Enjoy and Leave the Rest to Us

I had a long conversation with a gay resident during our most recent visit. While I definitely agree that it certainly seems that a gay visitor would blend in and not be considered anything other than a visitor, the gentleman with whom I conversed had a very definite opinion that it is difficult to be gay and live on the island. He made no bones about the mere tolerence rather than acceptance of his preference.

I have no idea about Gay tolerance or lack there of in St Barts....I do know that my wife and I will be standing on the same pool deck where the couple in the picture are standing in 58 days! BTW, neither of us will be in white dresses!

Since Kathy and I have a number of gay/lesbian family/friends in our crowd-

On SBH we never notice orientation, color, nationality, language, who's there/who's not, who dat is, religion, politics, kids smoking grass around the harbor, wild drivers, questionable construction, music choice, food choice ...

It's our time away. SBH is very, very friendly in a very safe way.

If ya ain't in our face, enjoy. (Yes, there have been a few incidents we've seen or been part of.That's life. They got resolved quickly by the folks that want to keep SBH "the place." And those incidents were with ship crews that got a little rowdy.)

My partner and I have been coming to St. Barths for the past 6 years - usually over the Thanksgiving week - and we have never experienced any hostility, ugliness, or negativity from the lovely local populace. I wish I could say the same about my fellow countrymen. :(

We have recomended SBH to 2 gay couples and both couples are now repeat visitors.

Just wanted to keep the thread alive while everything else is so quiet. St.Barth is probably one of the most gay friendly places in the world .
It is one of the few places in the world were if you treat someone with respect it will be repayed right back at you . Have been going for 15 years with my partner and have never had a bad experience. :p

Dear Martin,

As Co-Chairs of the Empire State Pride Agenda’s Fall Dinner, we hope you can join us for this year’s dinner on Thursday, October 27. The Fall Dinner brings together members of the LGBT community and our many allies for one extraordinary opportunity to commemorate our progress over the last two decades and thank the people who have helped us achieve these wins. This year in particular will be a memorable evening, recognizing the Pride Agenda’s 20th anniversary and celebrating our marriage equality victory.

We couldn’t be more grateful for the outpouring of support for this year’s event and for the Pride Agenda. Funds raised from the Fall Dinner are critical to our work ahead — defending our marriage victory, winning transgender civil rights, securing resources to address the health needs of our community — and we need you by our side!

Given the incredible popularity of this year's dinner, we hope you will take the opportunity to purchase your tickets today or become a sponsor. And, as you plan for this evening with friends, colleagues and family, you may also want to consider another extraordinary opportunity to support Pride Agenda's work. This year’s fantasy auction will be truly that. We would love you to participate in it. This year’s fabulous live auction lots include:

A Private Portrait Sitting with Annie Leibovitz: A once in a lifetime opportunity with the most renowned photographer of our time in her New York City studio.

Your Ultimate Caribbean Vacation: Escape with a six day/five night stay at one of the world’s ultimate romantic destinations – Parrot Cay Resort, Turks and Caicos’ answer to serene paradise. JetBlue will provide you and a guest with roundtrip tickets to this exclusive getaway.

Wimco Villa on St. Barts for Six: Relax in luxury at your own private, three bedroom Wimco villa in Vitet for a seven night stay with your closest friends! [/color] [/color]

Join hosts Laura Linney and Alan Cumming as well as Governor Andrew Cuomo, recipient of the 2011 Douglas W. Jones Leadership Award, to celebrate New York’s historic marriage equality victory and the Pride Agenda’s two decades of progress on October 27!

Tickets are expected to sell out for this event so please book at your earliest convenience to be part of our monumental celebration!

We thank the many people who have already supported this year’s Fall Dinner. And, we thank you, our community members and allies, in advance for your continued support of the Empire State Pride Agenda.

With appreciation,

James Castillo, Paul Donaher, Toby Usnik
2011 Fall Dinner Co-Chairs

PS: If you can’t make the event, please consider taking an advertisement in our event journal. Show your support for New York’s LGBT community and our work to win equality and justice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------