• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Living in St. Barthélemy

Sigh.

We bring in all sorts of help here in MI from other countries for "resorts" every summer. While MI is starving. Pretty stupid. IMHO.

Where's the beef?

Hello!

Today I have no good news. Le Sereno has decided not to contract me after the essay period.
Now I wanted to ask you if you know some places for working, and if you dont, tell me when you'll find one. Thank you!

Yes there is a very strong addiction that occurs when you first arrive. You don't want to leave and you keep going back for more. There is a forum for people who have this addiction but instead of helping you cure this addiction and recovering from it they encourage you to keep returning for more. There is no known cure or vaccine and the members of the forum also try to get others hooked.

Juan,
Sorry Le Sereno didn't work out for you. I hope you can locate other work soon. Good luck!

I'm sorry the Sereno gig didn't work for you. My advice is to peruse the same publications we suggested for finding a place to live. They have adverts for employees as well.

Keep asking around, show up in every hotel with a CV to hand, this is probably the best time of the year to find a job on the island..... and you have an advantage compared to others: you are here! Good luck

try l'entract in gustavia...but they may be booked. normally the ones that are good have the same help returning year after year. my suggestion...try something like ti st barth...or any of carols places....or some of the hot ticket places where burn out and turn over is at a high rate...just to get a foot in the door....make your friends there and listen..and before you know....other opportunities will show up...they may not be the best hours or pay....but it is a start...

American Gourmet used to be the specialty foods shop in Gustavia near L'Entracte. It moved one street back to Rue de General de Gaulle a year or so ago, across from M'Bolo. The sign over the door is now French, something other than American Gourmet. That's all that I know.

Thinking back, there doesn't seem to be much of a sign for American Gourmet. The sign over the door is the sign for the building, Lafayette Immobiliere.

Good luck on the job hunt!