• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Favorite Thing to do on St. Barth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

Gibson40 asked what are the "must do" activities on St. Barth. I believe it's been a while since we've played this one, so how about it SBHers? What's your favorite thing to do on St. Barth? Okay, maybe your second favorite.... ;)

Okay, I'll start. My favorite activity is getting up before sunrise to ride my bike around the island. I'm sure that one will be popular!

Very simple for me: just soak in the beauty of the island and thank God for the ability to return.

Pick up a jambon et fromage baguette at Petit Colombe and sit on St Jean and eat it with Planteurs from Tom Beach.

Hahaha, Jim you made me laugh! I meant to respond to Tim's story about the newlyweds who only saw the ceiling of their room. My first thought was "well at least the Earls come up for air!!!!"

Live. Just live. After 25+ years visiting the island, I just live my life. St Barth restores my soul, recharges my batteries, and, sadly, increases my waistline.

people clearly are in two vacation camps...those who wish to be overstimulated and those who wish to be understimulated.....

we are very much in the understimulated camp...no agenda...no check lists....no events.......no pre plans....no meetings...no seeing or being seen....nothing

just "be"

Watch the sunset with a rhum drink, see the moon rise with a rhum drink, watch the sunrise with a rhum drink and croissant

Gazing at the water, whether it be from the villa, the beach or a restaurant....with a chilled glass of rosé.

sleeping a lot, reading a lot, playing with my son a lot, lying a lot on the beach, smoking a lot of cigars, drinking a lot of rhum, testing a lot of restaurants, taking a lot of pictures, posting a lot in the sbhonline forum.

a lot of daily discussions about: which beach and which restaurant today :)

AND, very important: not forgetting how far we are lucky to be able to be here!!

How do I narrow it down to just one??

For me it is the pure moments... clear crystal turquoise water softly lapping on shore, the sound of my children nearby discovering creatures in the crevices, white golden sand with only a few others to share the moment, a TiPunch at Le Select as you wind down and run into your newest friends, a lingering meal with vanilla rum to finish off the night, zooming and bumping around on winding roads contrasted by utter silence as the sun goes down in radiant colors over the clouds.... the sound of rain hitting the tin roof as I wake, making certain the air is fresh and all the small creatures have come out to say hello... the promise of a beautiful day as I wander out to the pool at my very own home away from home... a crossant and cafe to start the day...French cheese, French wine, a trip to the butcher shop for delicious beef... the way the Harbor looks as the sun just begans to set.... the sound of small planes diving over my head as I lay prone on the sand with a good book...saying hello and goodbye to my favorite place out of the window of a small plane... I could go on and on...

See... it's just too hard to pick just one....

I'm with Mike R.. the only semi-mandatory things are to wake up and to fall asleep. Something may or may not happen in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.