• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Favorite Thing to do on St. Barth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim
Agree.After 33 trips over 26 years,and ,since we retired,now spending a lot of time,it's not a vacation any more,it's simply the other place we live.But we have never forgotten getting off the plane that first magic time in 1985.Agree with Mike that there are many other fabulous places in the world,and while we no longer get "all gushy" about it,we would look long and hard to find a better place to call our" second home"
L
ps- but having just spent two full days and nights returning from Madagascar,not to mention the "bush taxi" ride to the village we worked in, going to SBH from Ottawa will now be regarded as " a trip to the corner store", and I hereby resolve to no longer read any more posts entitled " is 2 hours long enough to connect in SXM?" or "what should I do if my luggage doesn't make it?!"

Good job Tim, well said. I think you've captured "it". Mike R. I hear ya. I have had many euphoric moments, in many different places...just livin' life and soaking it all in! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the tips. My wife and I are kinda right in the middle of R&R and exploring a new place. Listening to you guys makes me love this island, and we haven't even been yet. Thanks again.

This is my favorite activity.

Eating lunch at Tom's Beach, Nikki Beach or on Saline drinking a bottle or two of excellent rose with friends and watching the world go buy. (dressed or undressed).

Lance

Gibson40 said:
My wife and I are kinda right in the middle of R&R and exploring a new place.
One of the nice things about SBH is it's small enough to do both. Don't worry... you'll find "your" SBH, which will be different from mine, and everyone else's, here. But, you will find it.

Mike R said:
I would agree that things you do down there feel very special....no argument here....that special feeling has brought me back for 31 years....where I fall off the common path many of you travel on in here, in terms of that, is it feels equally magnificent and special when I ski first tracks in powder on a still quiet winter morning.....walk along a stream on a peak fall day in full color....watch an incredible sunset as I am coming in from a great fishing trip....just to name a few....

personally...It would be sad to me if only one place brought that kind of euphoria to me

but hey...thats me

your mileage may vary

This IS The Insiders' Guide to St. Barthelemy, right?

its misnamed...apparently you missed the fact that despite being called that, it has many sub topics from around the world as well....

you should check the site out beyond the St Barts section perhaps.... :p

"SBH>>SBH Forums>>St. Barts Island Vacation Forums>>St. Barts Island Discussion" is the name of THIS forum, mon ami!

Keep thinking about this question. I guess, in a way, it's the simplicity of it all, the little things - the stop at the bakery (looking past the croissants to the pain au cereal), first car in the lot at the beach, the feeling, every single time, when our feet first touch the sand, hearing the sounds, smelling the smells, sharing it all with the man I love.

I certainly don't want to give the impression that I am ONLY happy while on St. Barth.

So far, I am blessed to have lived what I consider to be an almost charmed life, and I am still a young man. Yet, there is something about St. Barth--sublime and pleasant--that is difficult to find in other places, situations, experiences.

Drive up to Colombier to the Lookout. Great views and a nice place to take some really good pics.

As my wife and I prepare for our second, and certainly not last, trip to St. Barts this October, we look forward to fresh croissants and coffee in the morning on the pool deck, delicious baguette sandwiches on one of the many beautiful beaches, and cocktails in the evening or the pool deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.