• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Dress code at restaurants?

Sorry to dredge this year-and-a-half-old story up on you, ol' boy, but what's your histoire with Le Bartoloméo? Looking at recent prix-fixe menus, and judging by my recent experience (very good) at l'Indigo, Le Bartoloméo would seem worth a try...

View attachment 15867

View attachment 15868

I had dinner there for this special menu with crustaces. I try once a year Barto, I hope to be surprised, and every year I am disappointed, ad thus I do not come back ...before next year for a new chance.

That time, after 45 mn waiting for our dessert, and without any explanation or apology (surprisingly, because it was a menu with every course well known in adavance), our neighbours waiting same time, we decided to leave pretty unsatisfied. When leaving, dessert arrived, too late !

Once again we are disappointed, whereas Guana on the beach is absolutely delightful, both for food and ambiance.

We stayed at the Guanahani for our honeymoon and a dinner at Barto was included with the package. My husband had not yet discovered the wonders of linen pants, so he was perturbed by the long pants requirement. Food-wise I thought it was good although perhaps not transporting. I would put it in the middle of our dinners (Wall House and Eddy's were tops to give you an indication of what we gravitate towards). And if the dinner was not included I think I would have found the prices a bit high for the quality. Just my opinion!