Kenny Chesney Goin' Coastal Tour

bto

Senior Insider
1311981299-kenny2.jpg

Man, did poor Kenny feel the St. Louis heat last night! He made some joke about the heat when he started singing "Summertime," but he is an awesome performer and the 100 degree temperature didn't put a damper on his energy. That guy loves performing.

Billy Currington opened for him (God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy and other great songs)...he was really good, but Kenny is the one who puts on THE show. It was 100 when we sat down at the outdoor theatre and 89 when I crawled into the house at 11:30pm.

Sweat, drunk people and all, I have to say, it was worth it!! Did I mention we were in the Party Box? Really drunk people, lol. Great fun.

1311981113-kenny.jpg

wow...I would have loved to be there...I love Bully Currington too....thats my theme song!

I am dying to get to a KC concert

Thanks, everyone....Yep, i love the pearls too but I was sweating so badly they came soon came off, and the hair went up...Seriously, I don't do anything outside when it's 100 degrees, but I made an exception for Kenny. I haven't been to that many concerts but I really wanted to see this one so Tom got the tics for part of our anniversary gift....along with our trip to you-know-where last month :)

Kenny is a charmer and the crowd was on its feet the entire night. If he's in your town and you like country, GO.

bev....great Kenny Chesney/St Barts moment for me...

gorgeous morning...sunshine and warm..windless...heading out to Colombier on the boat with K&K and T&M....cruising slowly out of the harbor, just takin it all in....and on the iPod comes "Keys in the ConchShell"

volume up

perfect song for the moment....just freakin perfect

one of those moments where all is right with the world

That was perfect....love it!

I remember one other thing he said last night....."Music is the most powerful thing in the world."

Bev what a hot hot night!!!
We're in central Illinois and the heat is relentless isn't it?
The pool hasn't been covered in weeks and it still hangs on at 92. The eveinings don't even bring the temp down in the water.

I just keep reminding myself of the snowstorm last year to keep my spirits up.

I've never seen Kenny live either but would love to. His new CD is really good.

Glad you had a great time!!!

Would love to catch a Kenny Chesney show. Sounds like it was a blast in spite of the heat. Did he sing You and Tequila? It's been on constant rotation on my Ipod this summer long with MikeR's suggestion Knee Deep by the Zac Brown Band & JB.

Chesney is soooo good. Glad ya got to be there.

I'm not gonna pull out some of the real "old school" country that we have tons of here. I'll just stick with two of my (mid-year) favorites - George Strait and Don Williams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrrsLZaY9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvVs7POxNFY

And yes, I've done the long stretch to Amarillo a few times. Kathy pumped in tunes as I did insane speeds and smiled and smiled. We smile all the time and listen to these gems.

Disclaimer: We still listen to all these tunes. We drive a bit more conservatively now. ;)

Yes, he sang You and Tequila WITH Grace Potter! I had no idea she was coming too.

Zac Brown has been on this tour with him but not in STL. Would have enjoyed him also.

Kenny was dripping wet...he kept the same sleeveless t-shirt on and it was so wet the top of his pants were getting soaked. You could tell he was not enjoying the heat, but he made the best of it.