• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

July 28, 2011 Dinner at Cote Port

phil62

Senior Insider
A lovely night to head to Gustavia for dinner at Cote Port.

FYI-The waiter, Pierre, took very good care of us. It was good to see his handsome smiling face and two good eyes-nothing got spilled or dumped on us.

But I digress.

Here is a selection of crisp and tasty tuna nems that were simply delicious.
5986993181_9b8bffb018_b.jpg

And this lovely starter of cantaloupe and thin slices of Parma ham was also shared and enjoyed
5986993193_8f21066eb7_b.jpg

This is a fish dish. As soon as I hear from Henry, I will add that info to this post. The grilled ? under slices of grilled red peppers came with rice and vegetables and bean sprouts.
5986993187_2b00a7cb6e_b.jpg

This is the specialty of the house pasta dish carried over from the days when the owner Herve was making his bones at La Ravage. The creamy sauce was loaded with shrimp and lobster chunks and tomatoes and seasoned with basil and garnished with shaved carrot strips. Colorful, flavorful, and outstanding.

5986993189_3882826998_b.jpg

The rib eye steak for two was huge when presented to the pair of lucky diners before cooking. It came out of the kitchen rare and juicy and the bone had a plate of its own. The perfect frites in a vase type glass holder were the perfect accompaniment. Sauce selections available with the beouf were mushroom, pepper, or Roquefort.
5986993197_681422d325_b.jpg

A Grave wine was paired with this evening's dinner. Details are gone, I'm sorry to say.

Note:Huge servings of very good food meant no desserts tonight.

Wahoo or Red Snapper?? Looks great. Haven't been there but on my list now. "Nothing got spilled or dumped"- must be a story there.

A trip down memory lane for those who forgot...Alijax and the red wine on her brand new white dress when the then new waiter at the then new Cote Port had an eye problem and was wearing an eye patch. Alissa took it in stride-I give credit to her flight attendant skills.

Amy, Kara and I ate there also a few weeks ago, it was very good, we shared a grilled octopus dish.
I recognized one of the waiters,Sebastian, as I had sat next to him at L'Obouli in April, and at that time he said he worked lunches at Taiwana.

it was a fun night with lots of laughs.....and the fish was a simply grilled Mahi Mahi with grilled red peppers....BTW is that Carole's hand lurking in the steak and frittes background

Great choice. Enjoyed a wonderful meal there a little over a week ago. Great Service.

One of our new favorites, and word has it that the cute waiter doubles as a model at Nikki Beach on the weekends...

Michael, believe me I took the photo. When Phil sorts them and posts, he skips right over the guy shots!

soyabeans said:
it was a fun night with lots of laughs.....and the fish was a simply grilled Mahi Mahi with grilled red peppers....BTW is that Carole's hand lurking in the steak and frittes background

It actually looks like she is barely restraining herself. I love it! :D

Missy I am one of but a few who did see you leave some of your own fries on the table. I was going to take a picture for proof but I did not. Can you guess where we where and I why you did not finish?