StyleBoston reviews Front Street and Lobster Pot

Front Street...top 5 restaurants of all time for me....hardest reservation in town....I am on a weekly schedule which I have to book in May....

just love everything about it...the food..the vibe..the ambiance ( dark and bohemian)

how about this?...same crew of waitresses, waiters, sous chefs, chefs, hostesses and bartenders since I first started going 15 years ago.....we are literally all growing old together....to me that speaks volumes for the place

done a few New Years Eves there,.....extraordinary

Lobster Pot..very touristy but unquestionably the best clam chowder in the universe...virtually win every contest they enter

Front Street has been off my radar. I had no idea that nice group has been there so long. New Year's Eve must be something-what a special place to welcome a new year. The Lobster Pot-I AM a tourist! We love everything about it.
Side by side with nice folks from Omaha and Hartford, talking the virtue of steamed or baked stuffed.

I was waiting for that question...

very simply..Front Street is a small dark restaurant below street level...no views...and no tables bigger than for 6..very intimate seating.....really not a good format at all for the kind of forum gatherings we have had in the past...Bubulas was much much better suited for that sort of thing and Bubulas is good too...

come to PTown....dine with me there..and you will totally agree...Kevin and Martin will weigh in when they read this and totally agree with me...absolutely not a place for big gatherings...small intimate dinners...

Andynap said:
Nice tap dance :p . Let's see- we have had the enormous amount of 7 people.

7 would fit no where there comfortably ....no where..and the ones before that were 10 and up....

and if were 7...it probably started out as twice that as they always do and then culled down as the date got close...which every single one has done up to this point....my 36 er at SRC was 50...my 12 er last spring was 20.....

Andynap said:
Theresa and Mike went to Front Street with you and Wendi and Kate and Kevin and Lena- = 7

no they didnt..we had a power blackout that night and the town was out..we went to Fannizis instead outside of town

and yes we have done 7 with friends..only one table, IF its available, will fit that and we always hated the tightness of the fit...not comfortable one bit

read my lips

intimate dining for 4 or less

Andynap said:
When we went it was 7 not 30 down to 7

it was well above 12 right to the end...I can give you names

remember Hallie???..who posted in here a while back..she wad coming with 4 ,.and canceled last minute...and there were others