some pics from todays blessing of fleet....

MIke R

Senior Insider
The Jesus statue in coronation going down to the float to bless the passing boats

1309131799-blessing.jpg

part of the lineup getting ready to go in and be blessed...ironically there are massive parties goin on on these boats, they are overloaded, and blood alcohol levels are guaranteed to be over the top...but the Coast Guard looks the other way and the priest does his thing.....LOL

1309131820-blessing2.jpg

the children in their traditional Portuguese blessing clothes

1309131834-blessing3.jpg

more boats decorated for the event

1309131847-blessing5.jpg
1309131962-blessing6.jpg

the best thing about the blessing this year was they honored Eddie Ritter, the last of the pure dorymen...eddie still rows his dory out, no matter what the weather.....and tends to his trot lines....ol school fisherman if there ever was one...my hero...the man has never used an engine in his life....rows...everyday...no matter what....this years Blessing T Shirt had a picture of his dory and said it was dedicated to the "last of the dorymen"

lousy pic as it came from my phone but you can see eddie in his orange dory waiting to be blessed

1309139319-blessing7.jpg

God bless Eddie Ritter! Great story. I didn't know anyone still rowed to tend trot lines. I guess they almost don't. And he rowed to receive his blessing-wonderful. Thank you for the pictures.

here is a much better picture of eddies dory...he is a rock star this week......a man who would want that the least!....LOL

5879066794_6435154338.jpg

someone usually gives him a ride out in their zodiac....no one ever has a problem getting to their boat...if all else fails the water taxi in the marina will always give a local a free ride to his boat