• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

One week to go

heatherdh

SBH Insider
One week and counting until we return to SBH. We're staying in Villa Wastra in Gustavia.

Can't wait to be there!

We fly Continental out of Newark to SXM and then St Barth Commuter.

This has been our route for the past few trips, and it's always been smooth. Hoping for a repeat next week.

We are coming in on the 21st. For some reason I always forget this extreme anxiety right before we leave. Making sure the office is squared away, bills paid, house sitter prepped, kids properly packed, etc. I guess this why there is always so much relief when we step off the plane.

Oh Yeah! Some of us agonize. Some of us just hit the road.

Clear up the paperwork BS and hit the road. My doc actually told me that some years ago. My blood pressure is just fine these days.

Enjoy "that little rock." ;) :)

We are just under a week out too. Already have a ton of packing done as our week is slammed. Can't wait to enjoy our island home away from home.

Just emailed Andy for our required first night dinner at The Hideaway. I am craving goat cheese salad and thin crust pizza with peppered oil...:laugh:

I love Andy's Chèvre Chaud salad and of course the Hot Stone dinner. We arrive Friday :up:

Just emailed Andy for our required first night dinner at The Hideaway. I am craving goat cheese salad and thin crust pizza with peppered oil...:laugh: [/quote]

We have observed the Hot Stone dinner on many other tables at Andy's but have yet to give it a try. Small kids, hot stone and raw meat never seemed to be a good idea. They are old enough now to handle it so this may be the trip.

Looking forward to meeting you at the get together on the 28th.

heatherh --You are welcome to join up with us as well if you are still on island. Look under Meetings in SBH (and elsewhere) forum for details.

I have to brag on the wife, she just sent me a text and we are traveling with 2 bags. That's for 2 adults and 2 kids for 2 weeks. Fortunately we have a washer & dryer. Less is more, where else but St. Barts can you get away with that.

We looked like a small circus last time, tomorrow we want to get off the plane looking somewhat chic.

DART said:
I have to brag on the wife, she just sent me a text and we are traveling with 2 bags. That's for 2 adults and 2 kids for 2 weeks. Fortunately we have a washer & dryer. Less is more, where else but St. Barts can you get away with that.

We looked like a small circus last time, tomorrow we want to get off the plane looking somewhat chic.

Very impressive. We are 3 carry on bags for 2 adults and 2 kids. One for me one for hubby... and kids share... But no washer and dryer for us. There is always the sink. :D

BBT said:
Or Miss Clean

I found myself remembering the great fresh smell of my laundry fresh from Miss Clean! They do a great job at a reasonable price, if memory serves me correctly...I don't remember the price and that's fine with me!

Always intend to go to Miss Clean... never seems to happen... Too much relaxation to take care of laundry... :p

I hear ya, Punch! However, that's my light packing strategy, take less, wash more. For what it's worth, the whole process took less than 10 minutes. Drive up, drop off, fill out form, drive off. A day or so later: Drive up, pay, pick up, drive off. The last time I actually hung around and chatted a bit with the girls. (I know, some of you find it hard to believe that I would chat...!)

Ummm. Being the Neanderthal I am. What's wrong with using liquid dish soap, with a heavy rinse and tossing it out on a line as the sun kicks in? Just askin'.