• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Roll Breakfast Sausage

firstcharter

SBH Member
Do any of the other grocery stores on St. Barts have roll breakfast sausage like the following:

We did not see any at Marche? U.

Jimmy-Dean-Roll-Sausage-Country-Mild.jpg
best-breakfast-sausage.jpg
00003CF.JPG

firstcharter said:
Are you not aloud to ask questions on the board? ???

FC,

I think the issue, if there is one, is that a couple of your questions deal with trying to find, for lack of a better term, "Americanized" products in St Barths.

We've had problems with folks coming to the forum and spamming with questions that seem out of place given the type of experience most travelers to St Bart’s want.

We apologize if your questions are legit.

I hope you find the sausage that makes you happy.

I've never looked for it, so don't know if it's available. My guess is you'd be able to find a suitable replacement at the butcher shop.

As an aside, I always assume (rightly or wrongly) that posters asking about "Americanized" products are traveling with finicky children. Better to find said products than suffer the consequences of a meltdown...

So maybe the guy likes sausage, not everyone visits the island for foie gras.

Dennis said:
firstcharter said:
Are you not aloud to ask questions on the board? ???

FC,

I think the issue, if there is one, is that a couple of your questions deal with trying to find, for lack of a better term, "Americanized" products in St Barths.

We've had problems with folks coming to the forum and spamming with questions that seem out of place given the type of experience most travelers to St Bart’s want.

We apologize if your questions are legit.

I hope you find the sausage that makes you happy.

Andy, Dennis and Eddie:

Yes, these are legit questions.

After being on the island for 3 weeks and eating "French", we were just wondering if we could find
something with a change of pace, "Americanized".

Sorry, if the seemed out of place, but the experiences we enjoy, are the food(with a small variety), the people and the
the island itself.

firstcharter said:
After being on the island for 3 weeks and eating "French", we were just wondering if we could find

The outstanding cheeseburger-frites at Le Piment will make you feel comme chez soi, as will the equally outstanding steak-frites at Le Grain de Sel. I'm sure others have favorites that make them feel like at home when the French experience wears a bit thin.

Cassidain said:
firstcharter said:

The outstanding cheeseburger-frites at Le Piment will make you feel comme chez soi, as will the equally outstanding steak-frites at Le Grain de Sel. I'm sure others have favorites that make them feel like at home when the French experience wears a bit thin.

There are ribs at Pipiri and Gloriette and fish- not necessarily French- and Vietnam and Pizza and many American type foods.

Tim:

We ate at the following and they were all very good:

Wall House
The Hideaway (2)
Le Vietnam
Harbour's Saladerie
L’Isola
Pipiri Palace
Eddy's Restaurant
Santa Fe (2)
Le Select
Bonito
Case de L'Isle
Le Piment
Jojo Burger
Kiki-é Mo
Maya's (2)

I would recommend any of them, depending on what you have a taste
for that night. We enjoy good food but are not foodies!!!!