Spago Beverly Hills

JEK

Senior Insider
A special dinner last night at a legendary place that is still delivering. Wolfgang Puck still working the room and he stopped by our table for a hello.

We sat in a banquette half in and half outside

1307285698-photo_3.jpg

Tuna and hamachi for me, tuna tartare in three cones for her

1307285729-photo_1.jpg

Halibut for me, cod for her

1307285754-cod.jpg

Strawberry vol au vent for me

1307285768-photo_2.jpg

Menu looks great. Have enjoyed Postrio in SF and Spago at Caesar's Palace in Vegas. Puck has flair and I am happy to see that he still delivers the goods.

Keep having fun.

"tuna tartare in three cones for her"

My wife's favorite app at Spago in the Bachelor Gulch Ritz Carlton in Beaver Creek.

but again - I hate to beat the drum....but...they have tremendous seafood out there...so why in the hell would they want to put Maine sea bass and Maine Cod on the menu????..and don't even get me started on the Turbot....I just don't get it..I really dont

Just back from a nice lunch at 1 Pico in Shutters. A nice end to the week.

Drove back to the hotel all the way on Santa Monica Blvd. humming a Sheryl Crow tune about the sun coming up . . .

Because they want to and they can. Apparently it sells well too as they were out of the turbot at 8:30 when we sat down.

really...turbot??...yuck..proving once again that having money does not necessarily mean you have a clue as to what is truly good and fresh from the ocean

1 Pico was my favorite LA area restaurant on our last trip to Southern California. Shutters is a warm and friendly spot and the food and service in the restaurant were tops. Good choice.

amyb said:
... Have enjoyed Postrio in SF ...

I've eaten there twice. The first dinner that I had there was so amazing that I had the exact same thing when we returned 10 days later.

I can believe that. Amazing little gem of a restaurant. We stayed at the Kensington across the street. Charming hotel in a lovely little part of town-with parking garage I might add.

First celeb sighting of the trip -- other than those at Good Shepard R.C. Church of Beverly Hills -- Kelsey Grammar and Katye Walsh in the Alaska Airlines Boardroom Club at LAX.

Phil's sisters are in Alaska as I post! Were the Grammar's headed that way?

Are you heading back to Virginia yet?

When we are on St Barths Phil's sisters read PEOPLE so that they know the people we might bump into.(I was hoping to send them a HEADS UP in reverse this time.Never Mind.)

A special dinner last night at a legendary place that is still delivering. Wolfgang Puck still working the room and he stopped by our table for a hello.

How was the air kiss ?