The 26 Rules of Summer Cooking

JEK

Senior Insider
BON APPETIT BLOGS
1306359325-maar-summer-tenets-h.jpg

Photograph by Trunk Archive

It was a simple query posed to the staff of Bon Appetit back on a snowy February day: How do you cook in the summer? We were essentially asking: Tell me everything you believe in and...wait, hello? Why do you have that dreamy look on your face? Because what March is to college hoops fans and September is to the fashion crowd, these next few months are to the food-obsessed, particularly those here at BA. We wait all year for summer, when the market is exploding with produce; when we can stand next to a hot grill, cold drink in hand, and feel that all is right with the world. We assume you feel this way, too. So what follows is a summary--okay, a manifesto--of 26 rules, philosophies, and, of course, recipes that each illustrate one of Bon Appetit's central tenets of summer cooking. Twenty-six may seem like a lot during the season when the most important rule should probably be Relax the Rules. But we want to make sure you optimize every minute. That's what we'll be doing, too.

See the Slideshow: The 26 Rules of Summer Cooking

Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/blogsandf...rules-of-summer-our-summer.html#ixzz1NP0p6FLm

good stuff..I agree with pretty much all of them but I strongly disagree with not grilling porta bella caps..we love em grilled...a layer of roasted red pepper and a layer of cheese over them, an olive oil drizzle...over a bed of rice or cous cous....delicious