Vintage, Barbuzzo and Capogiro

andynap

Senior Insider
Thursdays are our night out and since I drove to work today we stayed in town. Vintage is a very popular wine bar with a small food menu- but wine is the star here-

5738649452_2b90cc46b3_z.jpg

5738098757_eb952e009e_z.jpg

We crossed 13th Street and entered the din of Barbuzzo- the decibel level is very high- a small narrow place with an open kitchen- the food was very good-

5738099147_bf87d5460c_z.jpg

Phyllis and I shared the Burrata salad and the Caciocavallo stuffed meatballs- house ground shortrib and pork- I want that recipe. I didn't take pictures because you couldn't tell what anything was without disturbing the dish. I had the Squid Ink pasta with clams and chorizo

5738649864_84e843b667_z.jpg

After dinner again across the street to Capogiro- the best gelato around- for an after dinner treat- I had the burnt caramel- Phyllis watched- LOL

5738099735_d08f6837c5_z.jpg

5738650064_e27f72b752_z.jpg

Sounds like the perfect date evening - wine, great Italian food and local artisan gelato. I am going to replicate it in the near future. My last visit to Capogiro included a Thai coconut gelato and an Argentinean caramel dulce de leche gelato. I was skipping out of the store it was so delicious.

Thanks for the pictures, too!!

I like that you were able to walk from place to place to place to have drinks, dinner and dessert. All sound wonderful, and your pictures brought me right there. That pasta... Thank you. I took a stand at the end of April - it was spring, the price of gas was ridiculous, and I love my bicycle. I would, therefore, ride my bike for local errands for the rest of the summer. No car. Then came rainy May. Oy. Other than a speed trip to the UPS store, I have held to it. Tonight? Manicotti and salad. And a fire in the fireplace.

Rosemary.. last summer in PTown from June to Labor Day, I put a total of 86 miles on my car..the rest was on my feet and on my bicycle

I love it

looks good Andy.....

Andy-the night on the town with Phyllis (hi Phyllis) sounds and looks divine.)

Rosemary-Keep up the good work.

Wow---that looks great--all 3 places!

For anyone in the DC area---this is the BEST gelato, made fresh every a.m.: http://dolcezzagelato.com/ I had the dulce last week. Perfecto!

Rosemary---I wish I could ride my bike to work! And how apropo---today is "Ride your bike to work day" around here ---maybe across the U.S., too (??)

Thanks for posting these, Andy. Haven't gotten to Barbuzzo yet, but looking forward to trying it.

Love love love Capogiro.

Barbuzzo looks like a gem. I really enjoy flights of wine. I always learn something. Did you try any flights?