30 years ago today....

MIke R

Senior Insider
we lost one of the most iconic musicians ever....

no one will ever match what he gave us

Bob Marley...we still miss you

yep....I see people who only know Bob Marley music through the album "Legend" and I think to myself how much they are short changing themselves....soooooo much more if one looks deeper than Legend...so much more

One of my favorites. I was so lucky to see him perform in Munich--must have been the fall before he died. Great show (and I had a back stage pass to boot!). Now I feel really old......but his music makes me young again!

No Woman No Cry by his wife Rita is pretty powerful, albeit not the most flattering for Bob in terms of his personal life

He will live on forever..
Ziggy has been all over the TV lately..
Out of all the sons he most reminds me of Bob.

I'm listening to Trenchtown Rock right now.

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain."

Lots of music lovers in this site, and I think we can all agree on that statement, no matter what your preference.

I heard Maya Angelou speak last night to a group of middle- and high-schoolers. Those words just came back:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
— Maya Angelou

Its funny..I didn't realize today was when Bob died 30 years ago..Out of all my shirts I could have put on today I put on my Bob Marley Soul Rebel t shirt..Haven't worn it probably since last Sept..Went out of my way to find it too..Something pulled me to it..Strange when I think about it.

highly recommend you watch the vid..
with all the AI rejects and Beibers of the world why did Bob have to leave us?