Sweet!

Dennis

Senior Insider
My wife's company is paying for us to go to NYC (actually Long Island) to attend a charity event on May 7th. We’ll stay over and come back on Monday the 9th.

We are looking at The James Hotel in Soho.

Also, for Sunday night dinner, Gotham Bar and Grill and Eleven Madison Park both have availability.

Thoughts?

I booked it for Sunday night.

We'll be in your neighborhood (I think) saturday night.

Sands Point?

Me too! Have been once to the Gotham Bar and Grill. It was lovely. Had halibut that I am still talking about.

Hi Dennis,
Congrats on scoring reservations at EMP, we have tried our last few trips but they were booked.

We had a great dinner at Locande Verde a few weeks ago and their brunch is supposed to be wonderful. Its not too far from your hotel.
http://locandaverdenyc.com/

We also had an amazing brunch at Maialino that same weekend. The food was great (esp the baked goods) and the room is very pretty. It looks out over Gramercy Park.
http://www.maialinonyc.com/

Have a great trip. We are going back for a long weekend soon...

mb

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Gotham in February.

We wanted to try Locanda Verde, but it was booked. We'll try again this summer.

T,
Go to 11. All the cool kids do.
Enjoy the limited gastronomy on the island for now.
J

So...because May 8th is Mother's Day, 11 is serving a 4-course menu only.

Mother’s Day 2011

Hors d’Oeuvres

Smoked Sturgeon Sabayon and King Crab Lettuce

Asparagus Salad with Bulgur Wheat, Mangalitsa Ham and Egg

John Dory Seared with Smoked Spring Garlic and Crayfish

Spring Lamb Herb Roasted with Lettuce, Morels, and Mustard Seeds

“Vacherin” Lemon and Basil Parfait, Strawberries and Meringue

Mignardises

Wine Pairings 115.

It doesn't make me tingle. But more importantly, it didn't make Mrs. Mod 3 tingle.

So we will be looking elsewhere.

Suggestions?

Hi Dennis,
I try to keep up on the NYC restaurant scene because we get there several times a year and have so few good places at home. Chowhound is a good resource for upscale places in Manhattan.

Right now Italian is very popular, especially Micheal White's places (Osterio Morini and Aldea.) Both Locanda Verde and Maialino serve dinner as well as brunch and are highly recommended. Scarpetta and Lincoln also get great reviews.

Millesime is a newer French/seafood place that is supposed to be gorgeous.

More on the trendy side are Corton, WD 40 (like Alinea) and Bouley.

Then there are the classics, Le Bernadin, Per Se, Daniel....

Have fun choosing and let us know where you end up!

Try to squeeze in a stop at Boqueria. No reservations, but it's worth the wait. We've enjoyed both lunch and dinner there.

EMP is a great choice! I try to "plug" EMP every chance I get (My brother in law is one of their chefs)! My sister & Mom are eating there next week for their birthdays and I'm so sorry I won't be joining them! Enjoy!

Honestly, a bore.

The car dropped us off at 8 and we called him back to be picked up at 9:30.

Headed back to the city for a late dinner Antique Garage on Mercer then to Pegu Club for great cocktails.