Still River was AMAZING tonight!

MIke R

Senior Insider
what a great day...we got there early and Bob was working on the farm so he taught Lena how to drive a tractor and they took a ride to the compost pile together

5644481959_724540ae33.jpg

5644481995_3dfe802010.jpg

the amuse was a lobster consumme with salmon mousse and lobster salad

5645047298_1be5d13661.jpg

I had a cod and clam chowder with a fish cake which was out of this world...Wendi had a farm salad

then Wendi had scallops three ways..Pan seared scallops with farm onions and scallop jus, scallop ceviche, and hazelnut-encrusted scallop

The ceviche was VERY good

5644482261_f9ca50dea5.jpg

I had a veal three ways..veal napoleon with spinach...sweetbread gnocchi and a veal fritter like item...all were completely incredible

5645047574_668ed5ed58.jpg

dessert the girls shared a chocolate brownie with a pistachio crust and some ganache..I had a carrot three ways.....cake...and a very light mousse type item...

everything was just over the top good...Kara had time to sit with us..things are going great..they are going back to their seasonal schedule and will be closed most of the winter now...a good thing for them....more free time...it also means they close Colombus day so we are going to have to schedule our fall thing early this year...

she is looking forward to our gathering next month and tells me a special guest is coming but I am sworn to secrecy...

ok there is hot tub with vanilla rhum and naked people, waiting for me.....ciao

Isn't that Lobster Consommé interesting? I could eat a pint of that.

The veal trio looks interesting. I think that it must be a new add, as I don't remember it from my recent visit.

What a way to kick off your vacation. Everything looks amazing. A chocolate brownie with pistachio crust? Yes!

Safe travels to you, Wendi, and Lena.

nah....we don't completely shut everything down til we are on the way to the airport....still have some things to take care of before wheels up time....then we can go on radio silence....

Kevin the veal is a brand new dish for them...outstanding dish

ok..next stop on the decompression tour....Jersey City

Mike-great report. Everything looks fabulous and I do believe you when you say it all was sensational.

I love watching your Lena learn and grow. Bob looks to be a patient instructor

It was great to see you, Wendi and Lena last night. Lena was quite the master of the tractor and was particularly good at maneuvering the bucket.

It looks like you picked the PERFECT time to get away. We awoke to snow this morning but it is NOTHING like what you left behind in New Hampshire:

1303570251-Wunderground.gif

Have a wonderful trip and we you forward to seeing you guys and the rest of the gang in May.

Attachments

• Wunderground.gif
    Wunderground.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 50
yeah the shops called us this morning to tell us 3 inches of wet, gloppy, cement like snow had fallen and it was still coming down.....too funny...what a weird spring...usually the resort golf course is getting ready to open right about now!

Terrific photos and report. Lena and Bob make a nice pair on that tractor. What is truly AMAZING is how consistently Still River Cafe is amazing. We've gone there at various times since their opening and have found the quality, presentation and service at an exceptional level EVERY time. Not many restaurants can live up to a standard like that.