• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Wine and Cheese at Sunset Party

Gail O

We are planning a get together at our villa for next Wednesday, the 20th of April around 6pm. All St. Barts online folks are invited. Please let us know if you can make it.
Bob and Gail

JP and I will love to come too
for information Gail and Bob are going to stay at the villa Recompense at petit cul de Sac
it's Jennifer and John villa :)

We would love to join you but are not sure exactly where the villa is located.

Cheers!

Kimberly & Kona

rosita, that villa is amazing and when you walk in you really have a st. barts moment, as they have furnished the villa with so many nice pieces from bali, it is so inviting, feels as if you could stay there a long time.

we will try and be there also, thanks so much for the invitation.

Gail-

We have four families with us and would love to join you if it isn't too overwhelming. We will bring boissons and edibles. How do we get to your villa?

Skateboard Phil

For those of you needing directions to the villa La Recompense.
Heading past St Jean, go past Grand cul de Sac (past entrance to Le Sereno) you will pass tennis courts at Flamboyant. Take left hand turn to Petit cul de Sac (there is a sign) Also you will see a small shelter/bus stop on the right. (if you go to Le Toiny you have gone too far) Go about 3/4 way to the beach-the driveway is on the right. There is a sign "La Recompense" at the bottom. Press the call button at the gate.

When you come to this soiree it is best to park on the street level as there is one way up the drive only. It's a short up hill walk to the villa. If anyone needs assistance getting up the hill I will run a short taxi service from gate to house to help. Ring the bell and "Bob's Yellow Taxi" will soon be down to pick you up.

Looking forward to a great evening. If the past few nights have been any indication, we'll get a gorgeous sunset to see and beautiful cool weather for the evening.

Hope all can make it. Our villa number is 0590 27 83 82. I'm going to have a local cell number today and will post that when I get it.

Please take some photos of the event and post them to share with us who can't attend! We will miss by one week!

Balloons and phone numbers

OK, we are attaching balloons down on the road where the turnoff is for our villa, which is le recompense in Petit Cul de Sac.

You'd be best served by parking at the street level and then ringing the gate so I can let you in. Parking near the villa is extremely limited.

Our SBH phone number is 0690 22 46 97 in the event you get lost or just have general questions. Many have asked what to bring. I've been suggesting bills no greater than $50 dollars in a small bag. If that's not your thing, a bottle of wine or cheese/fruit is appropriate.

Bob,
A picture is worth a thousand balloons! Not sure which one of the villas is yours.

1303306882-Screen_shot_2011-04-20_at_9.39.42_AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2011-04-20_at_9.39.42_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2011-04-20_at_9.39.42_AM.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks to Bob and Gail for a super party tonight! I'm sure Rosemond will post the class photo, and a terrific group it was.

yes it was a lovely forum party...great house for such a gathering!

here is the group shot... I can't remember all the names so please add yourself in... or correct if I got you wrong (and apologies in advance)

1303349888-Recompense_party.jpg

left to right standing: Diana, Didier, Rosita, Gail, Ellen, Kona, Kimberly, Bill, Phil, Kevin, Jean-Paul, Bob(Roveracre), Diana, Ned...
seated: Tim.....Cecie, Manu....

Attachments

• Recompense_party.jpg
    Recompense_party.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 105