• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Cote Port

julianne

Senior Insider
Before it gets lost amongst all the colorful restaurant postings with photos, etc., I'd like to give a plug to this relatively new restaurant on the far side of the harbor in Gustavia. It was among our repeats during in Feb. If you liked Le Rivage, please try Herve's new place (plus you'll get the same delicious rhum after dinner). Amy & Phil covered it briefly last year but it hasn't been mentioned much and it deserves a little promotion. Fresh local fish, chicken, pasta and beef dishes---tables by the water--the delightful buzz of friendly conversation---lots of local people as well as visitors.

When I asked Herve the origin of the name, he said that Au Port was the first restaurant where he dined in St. Barth's and so he chose the name as the bearing or next port.

Does the new place have the same great salads that were on the menu at Le Rivage? Le Rivage was our favorite restaurant till it closed. Would love to see something like it.

Dick, I don't remember if they had the same salads but the menu had many choices and the place has a great vibe.

Dick-they do indeed have some great salads. One is very popular-with shrimp-and I know I had it at Rivage as well. I think it is called the Pilou salad?

Thanks Julia.
I dined there last Ocotober, Guests and island friends tell me they enjoy this.

5126130067_623f2d5285_z.jpg

I don't remember the names; just that they had great salads. I do remember shrimp being an ingredient in one of those we liked.

Dick-we dined there on Jan 18th and you can see some salads in our review. Yes, one was goat cheese.

amyb said:
Dick-we dined there on Jan 18th and you can see some salads in our review. Yes, one was goat cheese.

Wow! Those salads do look good. As did the other dishes. This makes another resto for us to visit for the first time.

So many restaurants, so little time. As always, I have too many restaurants for the number of days I am there. Victoria's is first on my list of new places to try and now Cote Port looks great, too.

And we always go to the same places every trip, sometimes twice...
I can never figure that out...

Plan your work, work your plan. We missed going to Maya's twice due to a scheduling error and I'm still hearing about it :)

Each week we always try to get to 2 places that we don't get to each year. Sometimes it's for lunch but usually it's dinner. Thus over 3 weeks we get to try several " new" places we haven't been to in a while. This year La Langouste may be one of those since it's been 4 or 5 years.

We have been for the last 5 years. It's still hard to get in all the places we want to. This last year we said we missed Tamarin. 3 is never enough that's why we want to be like Amy and Phil.

I have been told there will not be a 4 week plan. Too many book clubs, bridge clubs and golf clubs to miss.

Maybe 2, 3's? I have been told there will come a day there will be 4 3's. Had it worked out for a 3 and a 2 in 2010 but I had to go out of the country for 11 days and could not change it.