Super Bowl dinner..

MIke R

Senior Insider
got my hands on a fresh killed whole side of a organic Heritage pig...all the ribs and meat and loin....gonna slow roast it with some beer in the pan, baste it with a maple chipotle sauce, and smothered in saurkraut, with chopped apples and potatoes...

curried squash soup with lobster meat....

a big caesar salad...

done

looking at the size of this piG we will eating leftovers for a month...

Oh I. Get it now.......

No..the pig was split between two of us.....no road kill...pigs ar smart enough to not run into the road anyway

It's going to be interesting because we get home about 8- I may do pasta primodoro- or aglio olio

Dinner tonight? Just pizza, salad and some incredible pastries at one of the kids' apartments.

We spent most of our early time getting a PC to show on the big screen with a live Super Bowl feed (cable and WIFI were pretty bad there - we figured it out. Y'know - some HDMI work-arounds when son-in-law forgot his adapter for his Mac.)

Best moment - two year old jumps on SIL's back, as he's laying on the floor diddling with the PC, and stares over his shoulder while pointing at computer ("Dadda, computer, fun.") Then she slid down and plopped her head between his buns, stretched out her legs over his and zonked out.

Pizza and salad were barely OK. Pastries - WOW! Company - the best!

Oh. Yah. Packers won, too. Great evening.

KevinS said:
How was the pig? Kate wants to know if it came with Sunday Bacon?

the pig was great of course....no Sunday bacon....it wasn't a whole 1/2 side, and Heritage pigs are small...it basically looked like a standing rib roast looks like with a piece of loin meat on the end...about 8 1/2 pounds in total weight...melt in your mouth good...I can get one for you when I go back to the farm to pick up my next meat order and freeze it for you if you want....