iPad Only to SBH?

rivertrash

Senior Insider
If I take only my iPad to SBH (and not my laptop), can I upload photos to Flickr, download them to iPad and post them on the forum? Does the Camera Connection Kit work? I have read different opinions about that. Any other ideas as to how I can post photos without my laptop?

The camera kit works swimmingly. It is possible to load pictures to Flickr using the iPhone/iPad Flickr app and then browse Flicker using Safari and capture the address, but it is tricky and time consuming -- more so that on a real computer. I'm taking both.

Building and maintaining websites and lots of photo post production demands my Macbook Air.

What ever happened to enjoying time in heaven and reporting later? Just asking and ducking.

Rivertrash said:
Thanks. If you say "I'm taking both" that tells me all I need to know!
You sure? JEK takes everything everywhere...
When they come out with the iBrain implant, he'll be a beta tester.

iYep rhymes with iSchlep, no? I find my "to bring" list keeps growing too. This trip I brought my Eee PC-we each have our own laptop here now. (TO EACH HIS OWN).

To be honest. We have not gotten past the "checked luggage" curse. Kathy and I, mostly, do carry-on. Extra bag, typically, has nonessentials that we thought might be essential :crazy: . Where the extra bag comes in handy is on the trip back - to haul all sorts of treasures we accumulated "on isle."

As for computer access. I hate using the iPhone. I prefer a real keyboard. My preference. If I need to go online, I just use friends' computers or go to our rental agency (Ici et La) and use theirs, which they graciously let us use.

Just packing my D7000-iPad-Macbook-extra batteries-chargers-plug converters-lens cleaning-Euros-passports-sunglasses-travel printouts-Match cart token-tripod-USB cables-backpack now!

1296917239-photo-3.jpg

Fully loaded = 20#

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 42