Firefly Bistro

MIke R

Senior Insider
well my daughter finally pulled the trigger and is now in the restaurant business.....in Manasquan NJ....

Hope she knows what she is getting into.....LOL
if not she'll find out soon enough....opening in April sometimes

The Sushi Bar

5399241163_b3577eca01.jpg

The Dining Room

5399237405_c8c81b3b61.jpg

5399233187_c094e772ab.jpg

yeah I am not crazy about the chairs..and I don't know how much of the look she is going to change or not...I think she is going to stay with the format of two rooms.....

She will be talking to Kara I'm sure and picking her brain.....her background/education is in nutrition and she isn't a chef, so she wants to be the finder and buyer of great foods ( 100% locavore ) and menu planner, which is all well and good, but it puts her at the mercy of a chef.... I hope it works out for her...if anyone can pull it off she can

she didn't take over any building...its attached to an Inn..The Inn on Main

1296419793-ainn.jpg

Attachments

• ainn.jpg
    ainn.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 58
Best of luck to her..The old Resto in that Inn was very popular then fizzled quickly..Parking is such a pain in the ass in that town..Let me know when the opening will be..

Good for her! I love the name and the premise. All best wishes for great success and happiness to her.

Looks fabulous but I'll tell you what- she should learn how to cook because she will be at the mercy of the chef- friendly advice. I have seen that scene play out.

I know...I agree...and I have been telling her that....

but she is stubborn like her ol man....LOL

plus with her you never know if her intention is to spruce it up, build it up, and flip it...she has done that twice so far...I don't think tha'ts the case here, but who knows.....so I just sit back and mind my own business and watch

Cute place. Lots of luck to her. We've known a few restaurant owners (now former restaurant owners). Not a business for the faint of heart but if she has your spunk she can put it on the map----and as long as you aren't financing it, you can enjoy it objectively!

julia said:
and as long as you aren't financing it, you can enjoy it objectively!

not a chance...LOL

I value my daughters love far too much to ruin it with a business partnership....

its hard enough doing that with your spouse

Mike is she taking over the whole Resto Dining Room or is it the first pic of the Sushi Bar? Im confused..What else is new? LOL

the whole thing...the sushi bar area and the dining room..she is not sure what she is going to do with the sushi bar area...might make it a "to go" section..might leave it as it is.....I think when she finds out just how much work it is to keep a sushi bar in health code compliance, she may sing a different tune....but thats for her to figure out

Ive only been inside once but its really nice..Very big too..I think the whole Inn/building is only about 6 or 7 years old..I hope she loves traffic! You cant move on Main Street in Summer..