What are you eating right now?

amyb said:
Can we get an opening night report on Firefly, Mike?A fine gesture of support and use of your daughter's logo

she emailed me and told me they did 158 dinners....it was harrowing with many "kinks" but the overall comments both verbal and on the comment cards were all positive, especially in regards to the food....she got to bed at 2 AM and was up at 6 to get ready for tonight

I told her..welcome to the food business....thats why I did it,proved to myself I could do it..and got the hell out!!!...LOL

she didnt find it as funny as I...

Atta girl!! Terrific that the food comments were positive. She has chosen such a difficult industry to break into and keep going with a successful outcome. We wish her well.

yeah I hear ya..typically she buys a business, builds it up, and flips it....did that with a child care center and then a home nursing care business...but she swears this one is for keeps

we'll see....either way is fine

Lunch at the Oyster House today was Spanish Mackerel with swiss chard, raisins and pearl onions- it was marvelous
5641120698_a75f8c8c01_z.jpg

I am going to make Andy's Spanish Mackerel for dinner tomorrow, except with swordfish. Does that make sense? Tonight, lentil soup and salad.

We're having Eastern aussie brekkie..

1303735263-ozzie-brekkie-small.jpg

Australian Black Angus with some green stuff.. And yes, it's for breakfast :up:

Attachments

• ozzie-brekkie-small.jpg
    ozzie-brekkie-small.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 42
May Firefly live long and prosper!

Due to logistical issues, we're having Easter dinner tonight with family. Kathy has two lamb dishes going. I don't dare ask details as she's whizzing around the kitchen. My job is to fetch and carry and be on standby for that, inevitable, last minute run to some stores.

John's picture of tuna filet mignon with fois gras got me thinking about...fois gras. We have none. But we will be dining upon chicken livers with morels and I am happy about that.

Chicken livers are good and make a good pate. The last time I had chicken livers was in SXM in 1986- for lunch in Grand Case- they gave me a ton. Haven't had them since.

Just had some cow/goose pate with sliced and diced morels and some excellent bread slathered in real butter. Don't tell my doc. YEEEHAW.

Afterburner was fresh made strawberry ice cream. Yum.

I gave up on slippin' and sliding a long time ago. I respect folk's food choices, anytime. I just chew on what gets my eye.

As always. Do what's good for you - ALWAYS! We need the the next trip report from SBH.

Today's Lunch

5693870906_53da2cf6a3_z.jpg

I had the Cape May Salts- better than Wellfleets

5693283469_5cfcfea35d.jpg

And NE Clam Chowder

5693853780_313a1b5c88.jpg

Long time shuckers

5693853868_37f0977a39.jpg

Mothers Day menu is set......

Breakfast....cinnamon raisin/pecan bread French Toast...vanilla rhum in the batter...fresh strawberries and cream....coffee and Mimosas

Dinner...Lobster Bisque....marinated London Broil on the BBQ grill...stuffed bell peppers (stuffed with rice, beans, ricotta, and fresh mozz )...stuffed eggplants (stuffed with mushroooms,peppers,onions and cous cous )...Caesar Salad